|Occupation||Poet and Writer|
|Education||M.A. in Iranian Studies|
|Alma mater||Uppsala University|
|Genre||Poetry, Bibliography, Iranian Studies|
|Notable works||Marg agar labhā-ye torā dāsht (2003), Man 'Isā ebn-e khodam (2007), Zemestān mashuq-e man ast (2012)|
|Relatives||Shirzad Aghaee (father)|
Mana Aghaee (Persian: مانا آقایی; born in 1973) in Bushehr, Iran, is a distinguished Persian poet, translator, podcast producer, and scholar of Iranian Studies. Since 1987 Mana Aghaee lives in Stockholm, Sweden. She is the daughter of the Iranian scholar and poet Shirzad Aghaee. She has a M.A. degree in Iranian languages from Uppsala University, Sweden, and is a specialist in modern Persian literature.
She regularly contributes to Persian literary journals and magazines inside and outside of Iran. Her poems have also been translated into several languages, among them, English, Swedish, Turkish, Arabic and German.
Aghaee was the founder and co-producer of Sherophone, the first biweekly podcast of Persian poetry in 2010.
She is married to Ashk Dahlén, Swedish scholar and translator of Persian literature, since 1994.
Collections of poetry
- Dar emtedād-i parvāz, Vällingby, 1991.
- Marg agar labhā-ye torā dāsht, Bushehr, 2003.
- Man 'Isā ebn-e khodam, Stockholm, 2007.
- Zemestān mashugh-e man ast, Stockholm, 2012.
Aghaee's work can be found in the following anthologies:
- Belonging: New Poetry by Iranians around the World, ed. Niloufar Talebi, Berkeley: North Atlantic Books, 2008.
- The Poetry of Iranian Women: A Contemporary Anthology, ed. Sheema Kalbasi, Reelcontent Publishing, 2008.
- Rattapallax nr 13- Endangered Languages & Poetry, ed. Catherine Feltcher, New York: Rattapallax Press, 2006.
- Private nr 42 - International Review of Photographs and Texts, Saint-Brisson: Oriano Sportelli Publisher, Autumn 2008.
- "Eminent Poetesses of Persian", ed. S.R.M. Chopra, Kolkata: Iran Society, 2010.
- Havāpeymā-i be ārāmi-ye sanjāqak (contemporary East Asian poetry), Tehran, 2014. (Persian)
- Docharkhe-ye bāldār (150 Swedish haiku), Ahvaz, 2018. (Persian)
- Lexikon över iranska författare i Sverige (A Bibliography of Iranian Writers in Sweden), Uppsala, 2002. (Swedish)
- Ketabshenāsi-ye she'r-e zanān-e irān (A Bibliography of Iranian Women Poets), Stockholm, 2007. (Persian)
- Den persiska litteraturen i Sverige (Persian Literature in Sweden), Litteraturens gränsland. Invandrar- och minoritetslitteratur i nordiskt perspektiv, ed. S. Gröndahl, Uppsala: Uppsala University Press, 2002. (Swedish)
- Mosaikens turkosa eko: persisk modern poesi (Introduction to Modern Persian Poetry), Stockholm, 2002. (Swedish)
Other articles of the topic Poetry : Trip Lee, Anthology, Thi'sl, Juanita Martin, Steve Venright, Majid Naficy, The B.L.P.
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of Iranian women