March of the First Order
|March of the First Order|
|Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|Cost||Free (included with the price of park admission)|
|Opening date||May 4, 2016|
|Walt Disney World Resort|
|Bay Lake, Florida|
|Theme||Imagined worlds of the Star Wars trilogy of movies|
|Music||March of the First Order, written and arranged by Michael Patti|
|Duration||Approx. 10 minutes|
March of the First Order is a display of the ruthless Captain Phasma's disciplined Stormtroopers marching up and down Hollywood Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios to the delight and astonishment of onlookers. The display debuted on May 4, 2016, to coincide with "May the 4th Be With You" day, not a real holiday but created by Star Wars fandom because it sounds like the phrase "May the Force be with you" as quoted in the movies, and as part of Disney's acquisition of the Star Wars franchise (formerly Lucasfilm) in 2012.
- Captain Phasma and her Stormtroopers, armed with Star Wars-style blasters, stage a demonstration of their power.
- The show begins behind large gates at the entrance to the park. Captain Phasma and her Stormtroopers march in synchronization to an ominous soundtrack up Hollywood Boulevard, and terminate in front of the stage out in front of the former Great Movie Ride. Captain Phasma and two of her Stormtroopers take to the stage and exhibit their power by shooting a single firework out of their blasters over the delighted crowds, as she maintains discipline of her troops. They then regroup and march back in the direction they came from and disappear behind the large gates.
The show takes place multiple times during the day, weather permitting.
- Morning: 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon: 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
- Evening: 5:00 p.m.
- Aptly named March of the First Order, written & arranged by Michael Patti, based on music from Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.
- The costumes are authentic and made with chromium armor.
- Characters may appear threatening to younger children, but pose no danger.
- If you are confronted by Captain Phasma or any of her Stormtroopers, stand your ground!
This article "March of the First Order" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:March of the First Order. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.