Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Marcos A. Aidukaitis
Search Marcos A. Aidukaitis on Amazon.
Marcos Antony Aidukaitis (born August 30, 1959) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since April 2008. He was the first South American to graduate from Brigham Young University and one of the first from Brazil to become a general authority of the LDS Church.
Aidukaitis was born in Porto Alegre, Brazil. As a young man, he served as a LDS missionary in the Brazil São Paulo Mission. He received a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and an MBA from BYU. Aidukaitis has held key positions in companies such as MAV Distribution and Ogara-Hess.
Aidukaitis has served as a leader in the LDS Church at various levels and has assisted the growth of the church in the São Paulo area. He served as the first president of the Osasco Brazil Stake when it was organized in 1993, and then as the first president of the Barueri Brazil Stake when it was organized in 1997. Aidukaitis served as an area seventy from 2000 to 2005 and began service as president of the Brazil Brasília Mission later that year. He served in this capacity until his call to the First Quorum of the Seventy in April 2008. As a general authority, Aidukaitis served from 2008 to 2012 as a counselor in the church's South America South Area. He served at the church's headquarters from 2012 to August 2014 when he was assigned as a counselor in the church's Brazil Area.
Aidukaitis and his wife, Luisa, were married in 1986 and are the parents of five children. His father was born in Scotland to Lithuanian parents.
- "Area Leadership Assignments 2014", Ensign (LDS magazine), August 2014, pp. 14–15.
- "Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis," Liahona, May 2008, p. 134
- "Dozens of leaders called to LDS posts", Deseret Morning News, 2008-04-06
- "New Area Authority Seventies", Church News, April 15, 2000. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "New stake presidencies", Church News, June 12, 1993. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- 2005 Deseret News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret News, 2004) p. 283
- "General Authorities: Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: Marcos A. Aidukaitis
This article "Marcos A. Aidukaitis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Marcos A. Aidukaitis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.