|Born||November 19, 1976|
Athens , Greece
|🏡 Residence||Athens , Greece|
fine art photographer, aerial photographer, entrepreneur
|📆 Years active||20 Years|
Marina Vernicos (born November 19, 1976) is a Greek award winning photographer, artist, entrepreneur and philanthropist. She has been engaged in Art Photography for more than 20 years and her work has been  exhibited in distinguished galleries and museums around the world.
Early life and education
Marina Vernicos was born and raised in Athens, Greece. She is the only child of the entrepreneur, social activist and politician George Venicos and Demi Vezirouli who works in the family business “Vernicos Yachts”. Her family originates from Sifnos, a greek Cycladic island where she spent most of her childhood’s summer vacations. Her passion and love for the sea is reflected in her artistic work as a photographer. She studied Communications and Photography at Emerson College of Boston and Business Administration at Harvard Extension School.
Marina Vernicos was actively involved in the family business, Vernicos Yachts, before devoting herself entirely to photography. Since 2001, she has showcased a number of solo and group exhibitions in distinguished galleries and museums around the world, such as the museum of Cycladic Art in Athens, Museum of Louvre and Eiffel Tower in Paris, Hangaram Art Museum in Seoul and in various cultural centers and venues in London, Italy, Cyprus, New York, Qatar, Dubai. She has also published four books - Acropolis (2012), ’’235’' (2011), Antarctica (2009) and Through the Lens of Time (2004). In fact, the photograph of a penguin sitting on an iceberg from her second book Antarctica won a NATURE section Award, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, back in 2009.
Over the past four years Marina Vernicos has also become a successful entrepreneur. Having selected some of her most characteristic imagery she created her own fashion brand “Marina Vernicos Collection” (marinavernicos.com) which consists of accessories ,jewelry and clothing.
In addition to her career, Marina's uncontested social awareness led her to found CREAID  (www.creaid.com), a Non Profit Organization with a targeted humanitarian mandate, which combines creativity through works of art to assist the local community and help children in need. In this framework CREAID coordinates projects and organizes annual exhibitions and auctions of artistic pieces. Also, part of the proceeds from sales of her own fashion brand “Marina Vernicos Collection” are donated to “We dive We clean”, a group of volunteer divers who clean the seabed of greek waters.
She is married to the Greek Cypriot entrepreneur, Miltos Kambourides, who is the Founder and Managing Partner of Dolphin Capital. They have three children together and they share their passion for traveling across the globe and exploring the world. Marina has so far visited 127 countries.
- «MARINA VERNICOS’ PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION”, FEM, Mytilene, April 2018
- “DAUGHTERS OF THE SEA”, VST Gallery, Athens, December 2016
- «UP ABOVE & DOWN UNDER» Municipal Art Gallery “Maria Igglesi” Mykonos, August 2016
- «UP ABOVE & DOWN UNDER» Gallery Akroproro, Spetses, August 2016
- «UP ABOVE & DOWN UNDER» Alpha C.K. Art Gallery, Cyprus, June 2016
- «GREEK ART AND ORIENTALISM» Katara Cultural centre, Doha, March 2016
- “SEA THROUGH II», Gallery Skoufa Mykonos, August 2015
- «SEA THROUGH» Zoumboulakis Galleries, June 2013
- «REFLECTIONS» Isidora gallery, Arachova, 2013
- «MY ACROPOLIS» Pentelikon, April 2012
- «235» Eugenides Foundation’s Digital Planetarium, December 2011
- « THROUGH THE LENS OF TIME » Millenia Fine Art New York, February 2008
- «THROUGH THE LENS OF TIME» Thessaloniki’s Municipal Gallery February 2005
- «DIADROMES» Athinaida, November 2001
- «THE WALKING DEAD ART»
- “ART THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR”, Thessaloniki International Exhibition and Congress Centre, Thessaloniki, November 2017
- “VIEWS OF THE MEDITERANNEAN”, I-D Project Art, Athens, September 2017
- «ALMYRA”, Thanos Hotels, Pafos, April 2017
- «CREATURES OF A DAY» Art Athina 2016, May 2016
- «ΤΗΕ ΜΕRCEDES BENZ CIRCLE OF ART EXHBITION» Zappeion Megaron, February 2016
- «TSITSANIS» Gallery Alma, Trikala, December 2015
- «FINAL DESTINATION» Eleftherios Venizelos Athens Airport, October 2015
- «ΙNSTANTANE 2015» Zoumboulakis Galleries, October 2015
- «SUMMER EXHIBITION» Zoumboulakis Galleries, July 2015
- «NO MORE TRICKS» Αrt Athina 2015, June 2015
- «FROM CARAVAGGIO TO MODERN DAYS» Piazza Delpopolo, Rome, 2015
- «ART OF GIVING II» Athinais Cultural Center, December 2014
- «ART EDITION» Hangaram Art Museum of Seoul Arts Center, November 2014
- « SALON ART SHOPPING» Louvre Carrousel, Paris, October 2014
- «LA GRANDE EXPOSITION UNIVERSELLE – SALON GUSTAVE» Eiffel Tower, Paris, October 2014
- «STAGING THE DOMESTIC» The Hospital Club, London, October 2014
- «ΙNSTANTANE 2014» Zoumboulakis Galleries, October 2014
- «ART MONACO» Grimaldi Forum, Monaco, 2014
- «PEACE» Red Round Gallery, Rhodes, 2014
- «JOURNEY TO THE END OF NIGHT» Zoumboulakis Galleries, December 2013
- «ART OF GIVING I» Athinais Cultural Center, April 2013
- «TO TAMA» Art Gallery Chrysa, April 2011
- «LIGHTNESS OF BEING» Institute of Fine Arts Tsichritzis, November 2010
- «PALIRROIA» Chalkida’s Red House, July 2010
- «NEW GENERATION GREAT MASTERS» Hydra’s Cultural Center Melina Mercouri, September 2009
- «THE CYCLADES THROUGH THE LENS OF 20 CONTEMPORARY GREEK ARTISTS» Museum of Cycladic Art, December 2005
- «MEN 4 GIRL POWER» Bacaro, November 2005
- «THE GREEK SALE» Sotheby’s, November 2003
Awards and Collaborations
- Mayor of Palaio Faliro Mr Chatzidakis for my work as a photographer
- Her picture of Taj Mahal has been chosen by National Geographic for the best travel photographer of the year
- She has also been awarded the prizes “Video Artist Global Award” at the Global Art Wards in Dubai, “Sandro Botticelli” at the Palazzo Giucciardi Bongianni, Florence and in France “La Grand Exposition Universelle” at the Eiffel Tower.
- She has collaborated on photo projects with companies such as Mercedes, Coca Cola, Perrier, Napapijri, Folli Follie, Sani Resort and was selected as an ambassador for Hermès and Omega.
- Her work can also be seen in distinguished hotels such as the Amanzoe and Nikki Beach Resort & Spa in Greece and Turkey.
- "A Music Industry Insider's Midcentury Los Angeles Home". Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "Marina Vernicos' Shades of Greece". Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "A Greek island odyssey – in pictures". Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Peterson, Holly (2015-09-05). "What Everyone Was Wearing in Mykonos This Summer". Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Maasai, migration and conservation: Tanzania snapshots – in pictures". 2017-09-13. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "MARINA VERNICOS, photographer". Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Sacrifice/ Father, daughter". Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- "THE GLOBAL ART AWARDS 2018 WINNERS". Retrieved 2018-12-12.
This article "Marina Vernicos" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Marina Vernicos. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.