Maryanne Connell-Covello Garry
|Maryanne Connell-Covello Garry|
|🏡 Residence||New Zealand|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Connecticut|
Maryanne Connell-Covello Garry is a New Zealand educational psychology academic. As of mid-2018, she is a full professor at the University of Waikato. Garry is a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science.
After a PhD titled 'Susceptibility to memory distortions as a function of skill' at the University of Connecticut, she worked at Victoria University of Wellington then moved to the University of Waikato, rising to full professor.
Awards and honours
Garry is a fellow or the Association for Psychological Science, an honour granted for "sustained outstanding contributions to the science of psychology in the areas of research, teaching, service and/or application".
- Garry, Maryanne, Charles G. Manning, Elizabeth F. Loftus, and Steven J. Sherman. "Imagination inflation: Imagining a childhood event inflates confidence that it occurred." Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 3, no. 2 (1996): 208-214.
- Wade, Kimberley A., Maryanne Garry, J. Don Read, and D. Stephen Lindsay. "A picture is worth a thousand lies: Using false photographs to create false childhood memories." Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 9, no. 3 (2002): 597-603.
- Lindsay, D. Stephen, Lisa Hagen, J. Don Read, Kimberley A. Wade, and Maryanne Garry. "True photographs and false memories." Psychological Science 15, no. 3 (2004): 149-154.
- Loftus, Elizabeth F., Maryanne Garry, and Julie Feldman. "Forgetting sexual trauma: What does it mean when 38% forget?." (1994): 1177.
- Garry, Maryanne, and Devon LL Polaschek. "Imagination and memory." Current Directions in Psychological Science] 9, no. 1 (2000): 6-10.
- "Maryanne Garry - Staff Profiles: University of Waikato". www.waikato.ac.nz.
- "Maryanne Garry - Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington - School of Psychology". ResearchGate.
- "Maryanne Garry – MENZ Issues". menz.org.nz.
- "Royal Society Te Apārangi - The secret life of traumatic memories". royalsociety.org.nz.
- Warren, Matthew (31 October 2017). "The reminiscence bump: why America's greatest year was probably when you were young". the Guardian.
- "Overexposed? Camera Phones Could Be Washing Out Our Memories".
- Thomas, Jason. "Selfies and the Corrosion of Human Memory".
- Chabris, Christopher; Simons, Daniel (10 February 2015). "How Not to Be the Next Brian Williams" – via Slate.
- "Association for Psychological Science: APS Fellows". www.psychologicalscience.org. Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- Maryanne Garry publications indexed by Google Scholar
|This biographical article about a New Zealand academic is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Maryanne Garry" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Maryanne Garry. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.