Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Location||430 Logy Bay Road|
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Masjid-an-Noor is the first and only mosque in the city of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The mosque is located in the provincial capital of St. John's, and was built in 1990 by the Muslim Association of Newfoundland and Labrador. A large proportion of the congregation are students or faculty at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
A 2016 Master's degree thesis has studied the mosque and the role of five-times-daily prayer in the lives of immigrant Newfie Muslims.
It is the only mosque in the province, and as such has been turned to for reaction to events involving Islam and mosques in the news, such as the March 2019 shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand. In Newfoundland, Masjid-an-Noor held memorial services. An event at St. John's Farmers Market was held to express support for Newfie Muslims; some came to the event after hearing of it on CBC News. Messages of support were also delivered to the mosque itself.
Others articles of the Topic Islam : Sattari Jame Masjid, April 2019 Kalmunai shootout, War against Islam conspiracy theory, 2019 Kalmunai shootout, Muhammad al-Mahdi, Mahdi, Persecution of Muslims during Ottoman contraction
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of mosques in Canada
- "Masjid al-Noor". Local Religions - Profiles - Memorial University.
- "We thank you for this friendship". thetelegram.com.
- Scott Royle (March 2016). Five Times Daily: The Dynamics of Prayer Worship Among Muslim Immigrants in St. John's, NL (Report). Memorial University of Newfoundland. Full 126 page thesis available here.
- Sam McNeish (March 15, 2019). "St. John's Muslim community mourns New Zealand mosque shooting victims". The Telegram, distributed by SaltWire.
- Andrew Sampson (March 18, 2019). "Love letters to Christchurch: St. John's supports Muslim community in wake of attack: Messages of love and support delivered to Masjid-an-Noor mosque". CBC News.
- Barb Sweet (March 18, 2019). "Peace and love must overcome evil, member of St. John's Muslim community says". The Telegram.
|This Newfoundland and Labrador-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Masjid-an-Noor, Newfoundland" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Masjid-an-Noor, Newfoundland. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.