Md Siddiqur Rahman Md Siddiqur Rahman
|Md Siddiqur Rahman Md Siddiqur Rahman|
|Native name||মো. সিদ্দিকুর রহমান|
|Born||16 June 1978|
Barguna District, Bangladesh
|🏡 Residence||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Title||Managing Director, Sterling Denims Ltd. & President, BGMEA|
Md. Siddiqur Rahman (June 16, 1978) is a Bangladeshi business leader. He is the former president of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) and Chairman of Sterling Group. Before becoming the President, he served BGMEA as the Vice President (Finance) and the Second Vice President for the terms of 2010–2011 and 2012–2013.
Early life and education
Rahman was born 16 June, 1978 on Barguna district. His father Late Abdul Hamid Howlader.
Rahman founded Sterling Garments Ltd. Later on, he established more companies like Sterling Apparels Ltd, Unicorn Sweaters Ltd, Sterling Denims Ltd, Sterling Creations Ltd, Sterling Laundry Ltd, Bando Design Ltd, Laila Styles Ltd under “Sterling Group”. He is the member of Dhaka Club Ltd, Uttara Club Ltd, Army Golf Club Ltd, All Community Club Ltd, Bangladesh Club Ltd, Dhaka Boat Club Ltd, Apparel Club Ltd and Banani Club Ltd. He is the current president of BGMEA and member of the Board of Trustees of BGMEA University of Fashion and Technology (BUFT).
- "Siddiqur Rahman becomes BGMEA President". Dhaka Tribune. 2015-09-16. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- Independent, The. "Siddiqur Rahman new BGMEA president". Siddiqur Rahman new BGMEA president | theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "President's Profile". Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Nation, The New. "Md. Siddiqur Rahman, President of BGMEA, presiding over its 35th AGM at a city hotel on Sunday. Moinuddin Ahmed, First Vice-President, Faruque Hassan, Senior Vice-President, SM Mannan (Kochi), Mohammed Nasir, Mahmud Hasan Khan (Babu), Vice-Presidents, Directors, former Presidents, Chairmen of different Standing Committees and Members of the organization were also present". The New Nation. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "Siddiqur Rahman new President of BGMEA". Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "BGMEA chief criticises the way BB handles liquidity crisis". The Daily Star. 2018-04-04. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- Express, The Financial. "BGMEA board gets extension again". The Financial Express. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siddiqur Rahman.|
This article "Md. Siddiqur Rahman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Md. Siddiqur Rahman. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.