Memon Abdul Ghafoor
Abdul Ghafoor Memon
|Born||Abdul Ghafoor |
25 August 1962
|Occupation||Sindhi writer, Essayist, Columnist|
|Alma mater||University of Karachi, Pakistan|
|Notable works||Sindhi Samaj: Nafsiati Istilahan je Ainey Main (ISBN 978-969-7788-02-6)|
|Children||Sarang, Sindhia, Kanwal, Sarwan, Sarosh|
Abdul Ghafoor Memon (Sindhi: عبدالغفور ميمڻ) is a Pakistani Sindhi language writer, critic, columnist and essayist. He has written books on literary theory, modernism and human psychology in society. He has written books on psychology, postmodernism and their influence on Sindhi literature. He is also chairman of the Sindhi Language Authority.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Abdul Ghafoor Memon was born on 25 August 1962 at village Darro, Sujawal District, Sindh. he did his matriculation from native town. He went to University of Sindh for Bachelor degree in Political science and Masters of Sindhi literature in 1992 and Masters Philosophy from University of Karachi in 2012. He was awarded degree of PhD in Sindhi literature from University of Karachi in 2001.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
After obtaining Masters in Sindhi literature Dr. Ghafoor Memon started his professional career as Research officer in Shah Lateef Bhittai Chair University of Karachi in 2000. Then he was appointed as Assistant Professor in Department of Sindhi in same University. He was promoted as Chairman of the department in 2014. Currently he is appointed by the Chief minister Government of Sindh as Chairman Sindhi Language Authority since 14 October 2016.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Jity Neenhan Uchhal (1995) (جتي نينھن اڇل)
- Sindhi adab jo fikri pas manzar (2002) (سنڌي ادب جو فڪري پس منظر)
- Guldasto (2004) (گلدستو)
- Insan Fitrat ain samaj (2005) (انسان ، فطرت ۽ سماج)
- Shah Lateef ja fikri rukh (2015) (شاهه لطيف جا فڪري رخ)
- Jadeediyat Pujanan (2013, 2014) (جديديت پڄاڻان)
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "سنڌي ورچوئل لائبريري - سنڌي ادب جو فڪري پس منظر". library.sindhila.org. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Welcome to SLA Project portal". Sindhi Language Authority. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Department of Sindhi". University of Karachi. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Sindhi Language Authority gets new chairman". Dawn. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Professor Abdul Ghafoor Memon". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Tough Competition: Prof Memon appointed SLA chief". The Express Tribune. October 3, 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
This article "Memon Abdul Ghafoor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Memon Abdul Ghafoor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.