Mitslal Afras school
|Mitslal Afras school|
ምፅላል ኣፍራስ ቤት ትምህርቲ
Emni Ankelalu municipality,
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|School district||Dogu’a Tembien|
|Number of students||499|
|Data pertaining to||2019|
Mitslal Afras School is a public school for grades 0 through 8 in Mitslal Afras, Emni Ankelalu, Dogu’a Tembien, Tigray, Ethiopia.
The Mitslal Afras School has seven class rooms. As of 2019, the school had 499 students, 233 girls and 266 boys. There were:
- 32 students in one class in Grade 0
- 108 students in three classes in Grade 1
- 57 students in three classes in Grade 2
- 32 students in three classes in Grade 3
- 23 students in one class in Grade Alpha (starting students who are already adolescents or adults)
- 53 students in two classes in Grade 4
- 66 students in one class in Grade 5
- 45 students in one class in Grade 6
- 37 students in one class in Grade 7
- 52 students in one class in Grade 8
Water and sanitation
In 2019, water was not available at the school. There was a deep hand-dug well with handpump nearby the school.
The school had a roof water harvesting system but it was damaged. There were no specific facilities for girls handling menstrual hygiene; this is a major reason for adolescent girls dropping out from school. Up to 2018, there was toilet building; it was damaged (weak construction), and the latrine pit was full, hence it went out of use.
In 2019, the School WatSani project has built an Ecosan toilet building at this school and repaired the roof water collection system. Through nudging approach, the students are sensitised for using the sanitation and water facilities.
All children travel to school on foot. Many students will walk more than an hour, twice a day, to come to school.
The school has 2 satellite classes far from the school. The first has only grade one with 35 students and the second has 2 grades with in total 65 students.
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Lists : Selam Seret school, Zerfenti school, Sesemat school, Khunale school, Yeresere school, Harehuwa school
Other articles of the topics Lists AND Schools : Harehuwa school, List of law colleges in Bangladesh, Khunale school, Zerfenti school, Sesemat school, Yeresere school, Selam Seret school
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Schools : Adu Memorial Junior High School, Yeresere school, Selam Seret school, Harehuwa school, Khunale school, Colegio Español (Bata), Sesemat school
Other articles of the topic Africa : Sylvester Renner, African Stand, Kenya, Samuel Asare Akuamoah, Tunisian-Sicilian War, Brandon October, Berber separatism in North Africa
Other articles of the topic Lists : Sesemat school, List of Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom, List of Muslim scientists, List of surreal comedians, Yeresere school, List of nicknames used in Australian rules football, Burial places of founders of world religions
Other articles of the topic Schools : Joe B. Finley, Ispat High School, Rourkela (Sector 16), Le Bocage International School, Jennings International School, Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Angul, Being Muslim School, Jeugland Hoërskool
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Education in Ethiopia
- List of schools by country
- List of universities and colleges in Ethiopia
- Jeroen Berloo, 2019. Update to baseline study about water and sanitation in eight selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Goele Treuttens and Linde Van Der Vurst, 2018. Baseline study about water and sanitation in ten selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ and in the community around the schools in ten different villages in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Socio-demographic profile, food insecurity and food-aid based response. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains - The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. 2019. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
- What do we hear from the farmers in Dogu'a Tembien? [in Tigrinya]. Hagere Selam, Ethiopia. 2016. p. 100. Search this book on
- Griet Verrewaere, 2019. Report of latrine use and behaviour amongst students - The nudging approach at School-Watsani. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Reubens, B. and colleagues (2019). Research-Based Development Projects in Dogu'a Tembien. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains — The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-04955-3_30. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
This article "Mitslal Afras school" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mitslal Afras school. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.