Movement for Compassionate Living
The Movement for Compassionate Living (MCL) is a UK-based organisation promoting veganism and sustainable living. Membership is informal, based on subscription to the group's journal New Leaves, with subscribers in many countries.
MCL cite John Woolman, Mahatma Gandhi, Tom Regan, Robert Hart, Helen and Scott Nearing, Richard St. Barbe Baker, Adele Curtis and Henry Bailey Stevens as examples of compassionate living individuals.
- To spread the vegan message and promote simple living and self-reliance as a remedy against the exploitation of humans, animals and the Earth.
- To promote the use of trees and vegan organic farming to meet the needs of society for food and natural resources.
- To promote a land-based society where as much of our food and resources as possible are produced locally.
MCL argues that:
Compassionate living is about making connections between the way we live and the way others suffer, between unnecessary industrial development and the destruction of the planet. It involves a commitment to work non-violently for change, promoting lifestyles that are possible for all the world's people, sustainable within the resources of the planet, environmentally friendly and free of all exploitation of animals and of people.
The organisation publishes a quarterly journal, New Leaves. MCL leaflets and booklets are printed and distributed by Veggies of Nottingham, who also help to promote the work of MCL with information stalls at events.
- Abundant Living in the Coming Age of the Tree by Kathleen Jannaway
- Growing Our Own: A Guide to Vegan Gardening by Kathleen Jannaway
- Sustainable Tree-based Autonomous Vegan Villages (STAVVs) by Kathleen Jannaway
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.
This article "Movement for Compassionate Living" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Movement for Compassionate Living. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.