Vegan Ireland: The Vegan Society of Ireland
Vegan Ireland: The Vegan Society of Ireland is a nonprofit and voluntary organisation formed by a group of vegans concerned with "the promotion of the vegan philosophy and ethics in Ireland". It was formed in 2009.
Inspired by the original Vegan Society (UK), Vegan Ireland published a mission statement which aims to offer support and information to people interested in veganism; to promote and increase awareness of veganism as a just, healthy and environmentally beneficial lifestyle choice; raise awareness of the rights violations and exploitation involved with the production of animal based products; research information relevant to a vegan lifestyle and where appropriate to publish this information, lobby for manufacturers to use non-animal based materials in their products; support and promote real science and reject vivisection on moral and scientific grounds; promote respect towards all animals, human or nonhuman, and the environment by appropriate means; and develop and maintain positive relationships with organisations with compatible aims and objectives to Vegan Ireland.
In August 2012, press officer Roger Yates published an opinion and analysis piece in The Irish Times, which led to a series of radio appearances.
- European Vegetarian Union
- List of vegetarian organizations
- "Vegan Ireland - About Us". veganireland.vegaplanet.org. Archived from the original on 11 February 2013.
- "Raising children vegan: meet the families". irishtimes.com. Irish Times. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 17 June 2021.
Vegan Ireland, founded in 2009, is confident the number is growing
- "Other Organisations Of Interest | Vegetarian Society of Ireland". Vegetarian.ie. Archived from the original on 30 July 2010.
- "Time to wean ourselves off the rashers and milky tea and embrace veganism". The Irish Times. 2 August 2012.
This article "Vegan Ireland: The Vegan Society of Ireland" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vegan Ireland: The Vegan Society of Ireland. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.