|International non-governmental organization|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
It has branches in different African countries, such as Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast, Guinea Bissau, Burkina Faso, and other countries. Mozdahir was founded in 2000 by Cherif Mohamed Aly Aidara, one of the main Shi'i religious leaders of Senegal. The NGO works on development projects relating to education, health, agriculture, environment, reforestation, and solar energy, and has partnered with other major NGOs such as the World Food Programme.
Mozdahir is headquartered in Dakar, near the University of Dakar's campus. The NGO's main campus in Dakar includes a library and educational facilities. Mozdahir also has a quarterly magazine, regularly hosts conferences, and hosts a radio station called Mozdahir FM 93.2 in Guédiawaye, Dakar, which is the only Shi'i radio station currently being broadcast in Senegal. It carries out many development projects in the Casamance region of southern Senegal, as well as in various parts of West Africa. The organization manages diverse rural development projects, including the creation of new banana plantations in villages such as Nadjaf Al Ashraf.
To date, Mozdahir has built:
- Lycées in Bamako, Mali and Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- CAPE Maimouna Diao orphanage in Kolda, Senegal
- Al Mahdi School, a private school in Kolda, Senegal
- an Islamic center in Bafatá, Guinea Bissau
- a cultural center in Vélingara, Senegal
- new forests in Kolda Region and Thiès Region, Senegal
Other articles of the topic Shia Islam : List of Ayatollahs, Muhammad al-Mahdi
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Agriculture in Senegal
- Shia Islam in Senegal
- Chérif Mohamed Aly Aidara, président de Mozdahir International : « L'islam ne peut pas être une religion de violence » Seneweb.
- Sénégal : 127 jeunes de Vélingara s'informent sur l'islam chiite. Shafaqna.
- APPEL Chérif Mohamed Ali Aïdara, guide des chiites : «Partout dans le monde, les musulmans sont opprimés» Le Quotidien.
- Finance Islamique : « C'est un moyen de lutte contre la pauvreté » (Chérif Mohamed Aly Aïdara, Président de l'Institut Mozdahir International). Politique221.
- Le chiisme au Sénégal Mozdahir. Shia Africa.
- Leichtman, Mara A. 2015. Shi'i Cosmopolitanisms in Africa: Lebanese Migration and Religious Conversion in Senegal. Indiana University Press.
- Leichtman, Mara A. (2017). The NGO-ization of Shi'i Islam in Senegal: Bridging the Urban-Rural Divide. ECAS7: 7th European Conference on African Studies. Basel, 29 June - 1 July 2017.
- A propos de l’IMI. Insitute Mozdahir International.
- Diop, Macoumba (2013). L'introduction du chiisme au Sénégal. In Histoire, monde et cultures religieuses 2013/4 (n° 28), pages 63–77.