It has been suggested that Draft:N. Jehangir be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2020.
|Born||December 1, 1955|
Aluva, Kerala, India
|🎓 Alma mater||Union Christian College|
TKM College of Engineering
|🏡 Home town||Aluva, Kerala|
|Title||Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the NeST Group|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Nishi Jehangir|
|👪 Relatives||Javad Hassan (brother)|
M.K. Mackar Pillay (grandfather)
|🏅 Awards||Udyog Rattan Award (1998)|
Nagoor Rawther Jehangir is an Indian technology entrepreneur, millionaire businessman, and the managing director of the NeST Group, a Kochi-based multinational conglomerate company. He is the recipient of many business accolades, including the Government of India's Udyog Rattan Award (1998).
Early life and education
N. Jehangir was born in Alwaye (now Aluva), on 1 December 1955, and is the son of a Pathanamthitta agriculturalist, Assanar Nagoor Rawther. He is also the grandson of prominent industrialist and philanthropist, M.K. Mackar Pillay.
Jehangir completed his schooling at the Union Christian College. He later enrolled at the TKM College of Engineering, from where he eventually dropped out to pursue entrepreneurship.
In 1998, Jehangir founded the NeST Group with his brother and former IBM executive, Javad Hassan. NeST was initially an electronics manufacturing outsourcing company, but has diversified into software, real estate, beverages, healthcare and precision tools.
In 2016, the Electronic Industries Association of India announced that the NeST Group was that year's largest exporter of electronic goods from India.
Jehangir is married to Nishi Jehangir, and together they have two children, Althaf and Nazneen, both of whom are executives in the NeST Group.
- Jun 8, Shenoy Karun | TNN |; 2013; Ist, 01:01. "NeST buys Tyco's Kochi unit - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "CMMI certification to help NeST group achieve $ 1 billion revenue". The Economic Times. 2019-02-28. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Sharma, Aashima (2017-01-16). ""You may be surprised to know that I dropped out of engineering, but today own a large technology company of world fame "". ElectronicsB2B. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Bureau, Our. "NeSt Group to use Japanese tech to clean up polluted water bodies". @businessline. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Krishnakumar, P. K. (2008-03-23). "Jehangir Car Gallery maintains a collection of vintage cars". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Desk, India com News (2017-11-30). "Episode 6 of Those Who Made It Explores Life of Javad Hassan". India News, Breaking News, Entertainment News | India.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Mishra, Bibhu Ranjan (2014-09-15). "QuEST Global to acquire engg services biz from NeST Group". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "NeST Group Bags ELCINA Awards | Destination Kerala". www.destination-kerala.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
This article "N. Jehangir" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:N. Jehangir. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.