Naason Joaquin Garcia
Naasón Merarí Joaquín García (born on May 7, 1969) is the third leader of the La Luz Del Mundo church, succeeding his father, Samuel Joaquin Flores, in December 2014.
Joaquín García was born on May 7, 1969 in the Mexican city of Guadalajara, Jalisco, the fifth of seven children to Samuel Joaquin Flores and Eva García.
Before becoming the head of the La Luz Del Mundo at 45, he was a minister for the group in Santa Ana, California.
On June 3, 2019, Joaquín García was arrested and charged by prosecutors from Los Angeles County with sexual abuse charges involving minors. As of January 2020[update], he was still being held without bail pending trial. According to Religion News Service, "Church members have maintained his innocence."
He is married to Alma Zamora and they have three children.
- La Luz Del Mundo
- Samuel Joaquin Flores
- "Naasón Merarí Joaquín García: El "apóstol" del poder". Eje Central (in español). 2019-06-06. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Es Naasón Joaquín García, nuevo líder de La Luz del Mundo". Cronica Jalisco (in Spanish). 15 December 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2020.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Garcia, Blanca (9 June 2019). "La Luz del Mundo Church Leader Accused of Sex Crimes". Santa Barbara Independent. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Cosgrove, Jaclyn; Johnson, Reed; Miller, Leila (4 June 2019). "Leader of La Luz Del Mundo religious group arrested on suspicion of rape, child porn". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Miller, Leila (22 June 2019). "Sex abuse charges against La Luz del Mundo leader are the 'tip of the iceberg,' prosecutors say". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Miller, Leila (16 July 2019). "Citing new evidence, judge angrily denies bail for leader of La Luz del Mundo church". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Molina, Alejandra (24 January 2020). "La Luz del Mundo will continue to host US ceremony while leader remains in jail". Religion News Service. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Naasón Joaquín García: quién es líder de La Luz del Mundo (biografía)". www.milenio.com. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
|This biographical article about a Mexican religious figure is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Naason Joaquin Garcia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Naason Joaquin Garcia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.