|Born||21 March 1960|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|🏡 Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|🏫 Education||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Label(s)||Alcis x Nari |
Narendra Kumar – Bespoke
|🏡 Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Kumar graduated from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi in 1990.
In 2000, Kumar launched his own label after gaining invaluable experience on both the design and business end of a highly competitive fashion scene and collaborating with India’s leading textile companies.
In addition to the fashion weeks across India, Kumar has also showcased his work at the Australia Fashion Week, the Los Angeles Fashion Week and the Dusseldorf CPD Fashion Fair.
He is the only Indian designer to feature in Esquire’s Big Black Book of Style in 2013. In 2013, Kumar became a creative director at Amazon.com, the first ever Indian fashion designer to do so. Narendra Kumar is also on the faculty panel of the NIFT where he teaches Garment Manufacturing Technology, Fashion Trends Forecasting, Design, Draping and Fashion Marketing.
In 2017, Kumar started a new label FKNS (Fake New) as a high-end brand for the millennials.
Awards and recognition
1. Designer of the year at MTV style awards
2. Kingfisher ‘Designer of the year 2006’
3. Listed as the one of the 50 best Mens store in the world by Esquire Black Book of Style
Kumar’s store is located in Mumbai at Bandra reclamation
- "NARENDRA KUMAR". Strand of silk. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "NARENDRA KUMAR". Tech Fashion Tour. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Indian fashion industry doesn't need any validation from the West anymore: Narendra Kumar Ahmed". Hindustan times. 21 March 2017. Retrieved 16 Apr 2020.
- "Narendra Kumar". Fashionfad. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Narendra Kumar Goes Global via Esquire's Book of Style". IDIVA. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- "Top designer, Amazon creative director, bottle-seller". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Streetwear Is Dying. Long Live Streetwear". mid-day.com. 5 January 2020. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Narendra Kumar opens flagship store in Mumbai". The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
Resubmission of Narendra Kumar (fashion designer) page. Reliable sources have been added
This article "Narendra Kumar (fashion designer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Narendra Kumar (fashion designer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.