Nazmul Hoque Nadwi
Nazmul Hoque Nadwi (born 1968) is a Bangladeshi scholar of Islamic Studies and a professor at International Islamic University Chittagong. He is the former dean of Faculty of Shariah and Islamic Studies at the university and holds several other positions. He has written more than 70 research articles of which 43 papers have been published in international journals. He has written books on topics such as Arabic Language, Warfare of the Prophet Muhammad, Bengali Translations of the Qur'an, Najib Mahfuz's literary tendencies etc.
Nazmul Hoque Nadwi has two bachelor's degrees, one in Hadith and one in Arabic. The latter was from Nadwatul Ulama University, India. He completed his Masters from Aligarh Muslim University on Arabic Literature. Then completed M.Phil at University of Dhaka on Modern Arabic Literature in 1998. He was awarded a Ph.D degree from the same university in Modern Arabic Fiction in 2003. He remained as a lecturer at Gazipur College for four years, before teaching at International Islamic University Chittagong till now.
- Dean of Faculty of Shariah and Islamic Studies, IIUC
- Director of Arabic Language Institute, IIUC
- Executive Editor of Arabic Research Journal, IIUC
- Chairman of Centre for Seerah & Islamic Research, Bangladesh
- Vice President of Universal League of Islamic Literature, Saudi Arabia (Bangladesh Bureau)
- Subject Expert at Evaluation for reports of research work of faculty members for promotions, Pakistan
- Secretary at Arabian International Education Trust, Bangladesh
- Member of Egyptian Philosophical Association, Egypt
- Member of Bangla Academy
- Member of Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- Member of Editorial Board of Research Journal (Department of Arabic), University of Punjab
- Member of Journal of Academic Researches in Religious Sciences, Turkey
- Joint Editor of Manar al-Sharq (Arabic Research Journal), Bangladesh
- Member of Academic Council, IIUC
- Member of Advisory Board of The Islamic Culture, Pakistan
- Member of Advisory Board of al-Bukhari Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
Nazmul Hoque Nadwi delivered an address of welcome at "World Peace & Security: Role of Islam" an international conference at IIUC. He explained the predominance of the Qur'an and Islamic theological texts in Arabic literary expression in a seminar at Jamal Mohamed College. He was the only Bangladeshi invited to give a speech at the fourth international symposium of rethinking the Qur'an. He gave a speech on the killing of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the National Mourning Day of Bangladesh.
- "Dr. Md. Nazmul Hoque Nadwi". International Islamic University Chittagong. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Deans of the Faculties". Archived from the original on 2009-07-17. Retrieved 2019-11-21. Unknown parameter
- "Dr. Md. Nazmul Hoque Nadwi". International Islamic University Chittagong. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Advisory Board | The Islamic Culture "As-Saqafat-ul Islamia" الثقافة الإسلامية - Research Journal - Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre, University of Karachi". theislamicculture.com. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Advisory Board | Al-Bukhari Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies". albukharijournal.in. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Print News - Int'l confce can create bigger knowledge field: Dr Azhar". The New Nation. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Seminar on Arabic literature at JMC". The Hindu. 2015-01-23. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "SPEAKERS – – QUR'ĀNIC STUDIES IN THE FIRST THREE CENTURIES –" (in Türkçe). Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "'Killing of Bangabandhu taints country's image abroad'". Daily Sun. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
This article "Nazmul Hoque Nadwi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nazmul Hoque Nadwi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.