Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Nea (book series)
|Genre||Kids, horses, ponies, bullying, friendship|
|Published||1989 – 2017|
|No. of books||24|
Nea is a popular horse-related book series for young people by Finnish author Merja Jalo. The first book in the series "Fight over the horse" (Kamppailu hevosesta in Finnish) was released in 1989.
Nea, the protagonist of the series suffers from her obesity and has glasses, so her general nickname among the other girls at the stables is "Fat lens" (Läskilinssi in Finnish) and she has little friends. As she turns 12, Nea receives a beginner's course from a nearby riding school as a gift from her father. This is where Nea's adventure full of mishap's starts at the Fager riding farm, where the evil horse caretakers won't make Nea's life easy. However, Nea gets to show off to the people who doubt her.
"Fight over the horse" starts a book series about Nea. 12-year-old Nea is a slightly overweight girl who dreams about horses and riding. Eventually, Nea's big dream gets fulfilled when her parents give her a beginner course for riding. Nea already sees herself as a great horserider. And best of all, Nea's teacher is her dear idol rider Joni Fager, the dream of every stable girl.
She faces evil and mean girls at the stables who bully her because of her appearance and since she is a beginner, but she doesn't let them bother her and eventually wins the trust of Oliver, one of the most difficult and stubborn horses at the stables.
- Nea Kivi, protagonist
- Kai Kivi, Nea's father
- Maire Kivi, Nea's mother
- Kari Ahomaa, Nea's "boyfriend" who however moved away, had dated with Anu before
- Joni Fager, the owner of the stables
- Leif Andersson
- Jere Harjanne, the owner of Goofy
- Minna Saksa, the evil owner of Rocky
- Anu Auer, Elegant's evil caretaker and Minna's best friend
- Mari Laurila, a thief who later befriends Nea
- Katja Puro, the owner of Dukat
- Mika Anttila, one of Nea's crushes
- Mikaela Rissanen, Nea's friend
- Asta Bäckmann, Nea's friend
- Katri Ranta, owner of Oliver
- Irina Rantaniitty, mean stable girl and caretaker of Cesar
- Tuire, caretaker of Bracken
- Heli Mäki
- Sari Mäkelä, caretaker of Nagger
- Kai Aho, motorbike gang member
- The motorbike gang
- Isabella, Nea's beautiful horse who later died of Recurrent airway obstruction
- Fantacy, Nea's beautiful black gelding who died crashing into a timber truck with the secret rider
- Oliver, a mean horse who is not popular with the girls at the stables, Nea's first pony that she gets to take care of, she later buys him for herself
- Wells Fargo
- "Kamppailu hevosesta (Nea, #1)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
This article "Nea (book series)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nea (book series). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.