Next Caller (company)
|Type of business||Private|
|Founded||New York, New York, U.S. (September 6, 2012 )|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Area served||United States & Canada|
|Key people||Ian Roncoroni|
|Industry||SaaS, Telephony, Cybersecurity|
Next Caller is a telecommunications technology firm in New York City, New York. Next Caller provides a service to analyses phone calls to verify callers in real-time. Next Caller's services are designed to identify Caller ID spoofing as a way to combat fraud.
History[edit | edit source]
Next Caller was co-founded in 2012 by Ian Roncoroni. Roncoroni proposed the idea for an alternative to traditional caller ID after losing a rental car reservation when the company believed his name was Ron Coroni instead of Ian Roncoroni.
Services[edit | edit source]
Next Caller's API was originally intended to reduce customer service hold times and friction at the beginning of a call. Next Caller now attempts to identifying unknown inbound callers by detecting caller ID spoofing.
Next Caller uses a proprietary algorithm named "VeriCall" to analyze carrier-level metadata. The algorithm is designed to detect caller ID spoofing and verify real calls, with a success rate of between 75-80% depending on the call subset. Next Caller uses the REST API and authenticates through 0Auth 1.0a.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Next Caller Takes On Call Center Fraud". PYMNTS.com. 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller Delivers Detailed Information on Inbound Calls". Forbes.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Perez, Sarah. "YC-Backed Next Caller Brings Smarter Caller ID To Businesses And, Soon, Phone-Based "Shopping"". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller (W14) in YCDB - The Y Combinator Database". Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Shieber, Jonathan. "Phone fraud detection service Next Caller raises $5 million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "NYC Startup Next Caller Raised $5M So That Your Phone Usage is Safe". AlleyWatch. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller Caller ID Patent". USPTO.gov. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Reich, Dan. "15 Cloud Technologies That Can Help Your Business". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Mashape Blog". Mashape.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "What Does A Customer Experience When You Handle Fraud the Right Way? | CustomerThink". Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "How to Fight Fraud and Provide a Frictionless Customer Experience | CustomerThink". Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Consumers Blasé about Equifax Risks Heading into Holidays: Report – CardNotPresent.com". Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Robocops can't tackle online crime without human assistance". VentureBeat. 2017-11-12. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
This article "Next Caller (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Next Caller (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.