Night of the Hackerman III: LazerHawk Returns
|Night of the Hackerman III|
|Night of the Hackerman III: LazerHawk Returns|
|Directed by||Micah Goldfarb|
|Dec 3, 2017|
|7 minutes and 7 seconds|
Night of the Hackerman III: LazerHawk Returns is a 2017 comedy short film set in the 1980's about two kids who are asked by their friend to find and return his missing Game Boy. The film was created for a BBYO film festival by the BBYO chapter Genesis.
Plot[edit | edit source]
In Miami, 1986, two kids, Marty (Micah Saunders) and C-Stick (Ben Saul) are playing Super Smash Bros. Melee when Marty receives a call from his friend Tommy (Derek Gill) who is in distress about his missing Nintendo Game Boy. While C-Stick is unconcerned, Marty feels sympathetic and promises to get it back, then hangs up the phone.
Marty and C-Stick arrive at a game-rental store called simply "Game Rental". Upon arriving, the shop owner is friendly to the two until C-Stick, in code, asks if he has anything with banding. The shop owner immediately changes his demeanor saying, "So you're that kind of customer, eh?" C-Stick says he needs a favor but the shop owner wants something in return. He asks for a stack of rare Magic: the Gathering cards, but is still unsatisfied after C-Stick hands him some. Marty then spills out a bag of D-20's onto the table. The shop owner tells them about somebody named LazerHawk who was looking for Game Boy games. The shop owner gives Marty an address. After looking at the address, Marty realizes it's Tommy's house, and runs out of the store followed by C-Stick.
The two arrive at Tommy's house and are let in to look for his brother. They find LazerHawk, Tommy's brother, (whose real name is Eugene) with his champion. LazerHawk reveals he had the Game Boy all along and he stole it out of jealousy. LazerHawk says the only way they can get the Game Boy back is to beat his champion. C-Stick and Lazerhawk's goon compete in Super Smash Bros., but are struck by lightning, causing the both to be knocked unconscious. Marty, angered by this, challenges LazerHawk himself to a duel. During the game, Marty remembers C-Stick teaching him his secret technique involving the c-stick of the controller. Using this information, Marty beats LazerHawk.
Defeated, LazerHawk hands over the Game Boy to Marty. He then flees out of the room, followed by his goon. As they head down the stairs, Marty hands the Game Boy to Tommy, and leaves the house with C-Stick.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Micah Saunders as Marty
- Ben Saul as C-Stick
- Derek Gill as Tommy
- Micah Goldfarb as LazerHawk/Eugene
- Mose Simon as the Goon (Referred to as "Champion" by LazerHawk)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are two points in time where the cast and crew can be heard laughing in the final cut.
- There are only three scenes in the film. In the second scene, Marty and C-Stick wear cowboy hats. In the third scene, they wear fedoras.
- Footage from the final battle was taken directly from a famous competitive Smash match.
- The "shop owner" character is not mentioned in the credits.
- There is no "Night of the Hackerman" or "Night of the Hackerman II".
References[edit | edit source]
- Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moakeBVWusY
- BBYO Genesis Page: https://bbyo.org/bbyo-near-you/regions/wisconsin-region/genesis-recruitement-program
- Genesis' Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/genesis_aza_2433/
This article "Night of the Hackerman III: LazerHawk Returns" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Night of the Hackerman III: LazerHawk Returns. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.