O-Javanese, O-Jawa or O-Spelling is a phenomenon that is caused by contradiction between standard Javanese spelling and standard Indonesian spelling (EYD). In standard Indonesian spelling word "a" can only pronounced /a/, while in standard Javanese spelling word "a" have two tone, i.e. /a/ and /ɔ/. in consequence, the Indonesian words that borrowed from Javanese that have syntax "a" on its writings usually pronounced /a/ although in Javanese its pronounced /ɔ/. Hence, the words "a" that pronounced /o/ become written as "o" to simplify for readers that are not from Javanese background.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono if written by standard Javanese spelling should be Susila Bambang Yudhayana, while Surabaya pronounced /Surɔbɔjɔ/
This O-Javanese spelling is applied to most standard Javanese in several Javanese dialects such as Blora, Kedu, Madiun, Eastern Northern-coast, Pekalongan, Semarangan, Arekan, Mataram, Tenggerese and Osing. But O-Javanese spelling is not applied and the usages are very rare in the vocabulary of Banyumasan,[lower-alpha 1] Western Northern-coast, Bantenese,[lower-alpha 2] Dermayon, and Cirebonese.
Notable Javanese names written in O-spelling
- Jaka Widada, current President of Indonesia, former Governor of Jakarta and former Mayor of Surakarta.
- Prabawa Subiyanta, Indonesian politician.
- Suharta, second president of Indonesia.
- Sukarna, founder and first president of Indonesia.
Others articles of the Topic Indonesia : Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Surabaya, Prime Plaza Hotels and Resorts, Sentul City, Indonesia, Indonesia at major male beauty pageants
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- kecuali sebagian kecil kosa kata angka, misal 19 dituturkan songolas tidak sangalas.
- lebih tepatnya akhiran /a/ dibaca e, lih: sira dibunyikan sire
This article "O-Javanese spelling" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:O-Javanese spelling. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.