Oded Sharon parody picture (taken 2004)
|Born||April 10, 1977|
Oded Sharon (born in Tel-aviv, Israel, April 10, 1977) is an Israeli game developer and CEO of Corbomite Games and Adventure Mob game development companies. He was producer of the remake of Leisure Suit Larry while at Adventure Mob, and was designer and programmer of Ballerium, one of the world's first MMORTS's. He is also a Game Design mentor at the Shenkar College of Engineering and Design and is involved with several crowdfunding campaigns for game development. He has raised nearly a million dollars USD.
In his youth, he produced, directed, and edited the show [Eich Laharos Shaa, a television program which was broadcast on the public access channel in Israeli cable. He later served in the Israeli Air Force. He was a management member of Starbase 972, voluntary organizer of the Icon (Israeli Sci-fi Convention), and Olamot, Israeli sci-fi conventions.
Oded was part of the team at Majorem, one of the first game development companies in Israel, working on the MMORTS Ballerium.
Buy a Car for Ron Gilbert
In 2005 he founded Buy A Car For Ron Gilbert, a fan website for Ron Gilbert, which sole purpose was to raise money to donate a car to Ron Gilbert, legendary Monkey Island game designer. It was created after Ron Gilbert posted in his Blog complaining no one has bought him a holiday present like a car with a note saying : "Thanks for Monkey Island".
In 2007 Oded founded Corbomite Games and released two games with Israeli comic book creator Uri Fink: Zbeng! and Pizza Morgana.
in 2008 Oded ran Lehakat Rock, a portal for creation of Rock Band Network songs for Israeli bands. Oded continued to produce and design several other games including Star Shipping Inc. which was released in November 2010 .
In 2011 Oded founded Adventure Mob, a game development company focused on mobile games and adventure games. It has developed a demo for a remake for the classic game Leisure Suit Larry  and ran a Kickstarter campaign along with Replay Games  called "Make Leisure Suit Larry come again!" which finished funding on May 2, 2012 and secured a total of $674,598 ($655,182 via Kickstarter and $19,416 via PayPal).
Sharon was also involved in several other Kickstarter campaigns such as the Nancy Drewobile game campaign and the Freshbiz campaign.
- Ballerium (2004), designer, programmer (Majorem)
- Zbang (2007), designer, programmer (Corbomite Games)
- Pizza Morgana (2009), designer, director, producer, programmer (Corbomite Games)
- Star Shipping Inc. (2010), designer, director, producer, programmer (Corbomite Games)
- Leisure Suit Larry Remake Demo (2010), producer, designer, director, programmer (Adventure Mob)
- Cocktail Run (2012), executive producer, designer (Adventure Mob)
Oded holds a Bachelor of Science degree in both Physics and Computer science from Tel Aviv University, and an MBA degree from the Technion. Oded Has a Private Pilot's License, and he is an Amateur radio operator with Call sign 4X6NB, and a fireworks and Pyrotechnics detonator license.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oded Sharon.|
- "Israeli developer tries a game about love in peace during wartimer". Venture Beat. April 8, 2014.
- "Ron Gilbert's blog post complaining about the holidays". Grumpy Gamer.
- "Pizza Morgana Announcement". IGN.
- "Corbomite games will be making songs for Rock Band". Gamasutra.
- "Star Shipping Inc. Released". IGN.
- Mulrooney, Marty (November 20, 2013). "INTERVIEW – In conversation with Oded Sharon". Alternative Magazine Online UK.
- "Making Larry a new Leisure Suit". Israel21c.
- "Replay games shoots for nostalgia with leisure suit larry". venturebeat.
- Oded Sharon on IMDb
- Oded Sharon at MobyGames
- Oded Sharon's Homepage
- "Buy A Car For Ron Gilbert"
- Lehakat Rock the site for Rock Band Network songs for Israeli bands.
- Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter campaign.
This article "Oded Sharon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Oded Sharon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.