Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal R. C. Church
- This article is about a church in Queens, New York, not New Jersey.
|Church of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal|
Church of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal
|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Town or city||Ridgewood, Queens, New York|
|Country||United States of America|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||F.J. Berlenbach & Sons|
The Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Roman Catholic Church is a Roman Catholic church in New York built in 1917. It is located at 62-81 60th Place Ridgewood, New York 11385. The name of the church was based on a chapel in Paris, France believed to be the place of worship where the Virgin Mary appeared to Catherine Labouré in 1830 to request the creation of a miraculous medal. It is one of the recorded 92 Christian sanctuaries in New York dedicated to the Virgin Mary: one among 76 Roman Catholic churches in New York and one among 19 geographically located in Queens, New York.
This section needs expansion with: additional facts between 1917 establishment, 1941 church building and present day. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)
The current church building was built beginning 1941. Its architect was F.J. Berlenbach & Sons. The present-day school building of its parish was the former site of its old church building. The parish celebrated its 75th anniversary on October 23, 2005.
A significant part of its interior is a chapel dedicated to the image of the Divine Mercy, Saint Sister Faustina and Saint Pope John Paul II. It was blessed by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, the seventh Bishop of Brooklyn, New York, on April 12, 2015 during Divine Mercy Sunday.
Among notable persons educated in the school of the parish (formerly a parish school, now an academy in the name of Notre Dame Catholic Academy of Ridgewood) was Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger, who was selected by Pope Francis to become the tenth Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany in New York as of April 10, 2014. He was a priest and an experienced lawyer. Priests who served the community through the Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal R.C. Church include Father Louis Aufiero (from 1969 to 1970), Father Italo Barozzi and Father Slawomir Sobiech.
- List of churches in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York
- Roman Catholic Marian churches
- St. Adalbert Roman Catholic Church
- Transfiguration Roman Catholic Church
Others articles of the Topic Catholicism : Rhode Island Old Catholicism, Saint Ursula's College, Kingsgrove, First Council of Constantinople, Jesuit Institute South Africa, Church of the Holy Paraclete, Ocer Campion Jesuit College, Military Ordinariate of Lithuania
Others articles of the Topic New York : Pavle Stanimirovic, List of players in the New York City Basketball Hall of Fame, John "Johnny" Washbrook, Simcha Eichenstein, Parkchester Department of Public Safety, List of Inductees to the New York State Basketball Hall of Fame, IndraStra Global
- ↑ "Directory of Queens Congregations, Queens Federation of Churches".
- ↑ Churches Dedicated to Mary, The Cult of the Virgin Mary in New York City by Paul Halsall,Fordham University
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "WOODSIDE TO BEDFORD-STUYVESANT, Part 2". Forgotten New York. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- ↑ Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Ridgewood, Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Roman Catholic Church (1941), Architect: F.J. Berlenbach & Sons, 62-81 60th Pl., Ridgewood, Queens by Matthew X. Kiernan, flickr.com
- ↑ One OLMM Graduate’s Letter Leads To School Memories From Another Reader, Times Newsweekly
- ↑ Mercy Is the Theme of Shrine in Ridgewood by Antonina Zielinska], Diocesan News, The Tablet, April 15, 2015
- ↑ Howard Beach, Ridgewood, Bayside schools get new role by Nathan Duke], Times Ledger, February 2, 2009
- ↑ Pope Francis picks Queens priest to lead Albany diocese (Pope Francis picks cleric to be leader of the Albany Catholic Diocese) by Bob Gardinier, February 11, 2014
- ↑ Bishop-elect Scharfenberger: ‘I’m here to be a shepherd to the people who are here…’ by Molly Eadie, The Record, 02/12/2014.
- ↑ New Bishop for Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, HISTORIC ST. MARY'S CHURCH ON CAPITOL HILL
- ↑ Nine Priests Observe Their Golden Jubilees, The Tablet, May 14, 2015
- ↑ Clergy Staffing Changes, BULLETIN, St. Charles Borromeo Church, June 12, 2014 (from June 30, 2014).
- Playing Johnny Rides The Pony And Stoopball On The Steps Of P.S. 71, Times Newsweekly, May 6, 2004 - An article that shows a photo of the church taken on January 17, 1990 as it is located on the east side of 60th Place at Bleecker Street in Ridgewood, Queens, New York
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Church (Queens, New York).|
|This article on a Catholic church building is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal R. C. Church" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Roman Catholic churches in New York
- Churches in Queens, New York
- Roman Catholic church stubs