Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
PacketSquare-Capedit on Fedora
|Developer(s)||The PacketSquare team|
0.0.1 / April 11, 2010
r35 / April 29, 2010
|Written in||C, GTK+|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Search Packetsquare on Amazon.
PacketSquare (CapEdit) is a free and open-source pcap-based network protocol testing tool. It is used for testing network devices, including intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, routers, network switches.
Currently PacketSquare runs on Linux. It uses the GTK+ widget toolkit to implement its user interface, and is written in C. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3.
PacketSquare works by editing protocol fields of the saved packet capture file and replaying. In addition to editing and replaying it supports many features for extrapolation of captured traffic.
PacketSquare is an open source community started in April 2010 by Vijay Mohan, Sushant Gupta and Anant Dixit for developing computer network testing tools. The Community is currently working on CapEdit, used for testing wide range of network security and monitoring products.
- Currently supports pcap standard packet capture format, as used by tcpdump, Wireshark, and other programs.
- Protocols supported: Ethernet II, VLAN, MPLS, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4, IGMPv3, GRE, IP-in-IP, UDP and TCP.
- Protocol field value modification.
- Packet deletion.
- Packet duplication.
- Packet reordering.
- Fragmentation of packets.
- VLAN, MPLS tags can be added to the packets.
- TCP and UDP stream-based field value modification.
- IP and MAC address find and replace.
- Auto checksum for IP, ICMP, IGMP, TCP and UDP protocols.
- Interface selection for sending packets.
- Option for sending a single selected packet or all packets.
- Pcap edit and replay.
Others articles of the Topic Free software : Beiwe Research Platform, KGet, esoTalk, Lua (programming language), Avendesora Password Utility, Pigment (software), MediaWiki
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- tcpdump, a packet analyzer
- pcap, an application programming interface (API) for capturing network traffic
- snoop, a command line packet analyzer included with Solaris
- wireshark, a network packet analyzer
- dsniff, a packet sniffer and set of traffic analysis tools
- netsniff-ng, a free Linux networking toolkit
- etherape, a network mapping tool that relies on sniffing traffic
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Packetsquare.|
This article "Packetsquare" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Packetsquare. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.