Pakistanis in Indonesia
There are hundreds of Pakistanis in Indonesia, mainly of Punjabi origin, who work in various textile and rice production industries. Statistics from the Overseas Pakistanis Foundation in 2004 outlined as many as 400 although numbers have grown; roughly 100 Pakistani families reside in Jakarta and another 300 in other cities. Additionally, there is a large second and third generation of individuals, originally descendants of Pakistani soldiers who came to fight in 1945 as part of the British Indian Army alongside the Indonesian military against the Axis forces and the Japanese.
- Mowahid Shah, Pakistan attorney-at-law, author and policy analyst
- Emilia Contessa (b. 1957), actress, pop singer, politician
- Asif Sandila (b. 1954), retired 4-star rank Pakistani admiral, attended Indonesian Navy's Naval Command and Staff College.
- Raline Rahmat Shah (b. 1985), actress, model, Top 5 Puteri Indonesia 2008
- Jesica Fitriana Martasari (b. 1995), actress, model, HIV/AIDS activist, Puteri Indonesia Pariwisata 2019 and Miss Supranational Indonesia 2019
- Pakistan-Indonesia relations
- Indonesians in Pakistan
This article "Pakistanis in Indonesia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pakistanis in Indonesia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.