Partclone, version 0.2.51, running on Clonezilla
|Original author(s)||Thomas Tsai|
|Initial release||November 25, 2007|
0.3.17 / October 29, 2020
|Operating system||Linux, cross-platform|
|Available in||Fully translated: British English, French, Taiwan|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Search Partclone on Amazon.
Partclone is a partition clone and restore tool. It provides utilities to back up and restore partitions and is designed for higher compatibility of the file system library. It is developed by the NCHC Free Software Labs in Taiwan. It is the default backup application in Clonezilla, FOG from version 1.00 and Redo Backup and Recovery which is simply a front end to partclone. It supports many file systems and has good performance, as it skips portions of the file system marked as free space.
Partclone currently supports the following filesystems: ext2, ext3, ext4, hfs+, reiserfs, reiser4, btrfs, vmfs(v3, v5), xfs, jfs, ufs, ntfs, fat(12/16/32), and exFAT. To run partclone for a particular filesystem, one uses the command 'partclone.<fstype>', in a similar manner to the mkfs command
- partclone.ext2, partclone.ext3, partclone.ext4
- partclone.fat32, partclone.fat12, partclone.fat16
- partclone.ufs (support SU+J)
- partclone.vmfs (v3)
- partclone.vmfs5 (for vmfs v5)
Partclone is a partition image tool which attempts to only back up used data blocks. It's written in C and focuses on cloning filesystems, as opposed to cloning disks. The basic features are:
- clone partition to image file
- restore image file to partition
- restore image file to raw file as loop device
- duplicate partition on the fly
- create domain file for ddrescue
- crc32 support
- pipe support (restore from stdin | clone to stdout)
- text mode | quiet mode
- Ncurses Text interface
- rescue support
- transfer rate, elapsed time calculating
- support raw clone (like dd)
- partclone.chkimg check image made by partclone
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : SoX, YunoHost, Apache Commons DbUtils, Zig (programming language), Lobsters (website), YXA, Collabtive
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of disk cloning software
- "Releases · Thomas-Tsai/partclone". github.com. Retrieved 2021-04-23.
- "Partclone- A tool to backup or restore a partition.::National Center for High-Performance Computing". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2012. Unknown parameter
- "clonezilla - About". Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Bare Metal Restore Solution GUI Backup Open Source GPL Recovery". Retrieved 12 October 2012.
This article "Partclone" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Partclone. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.