Fincham in 2018
|Born||Paul Timothy Fincham|
23 January 1959
|🎓 Alma mater||Tonbridge School|
Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge
|👪 Relatives||Peter Fincham, brother|
Paul Timothy Fincham (born 23 January 1959) is a British composer.
Early life and family
Fincham is the younger brother of television producer Peter Fincham. Educated at the independent Tonbridge School, Fincham read music at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, where he was music director of the Cambridge Footlights. In 2012, following a career in the corporate world, Fincham returned to composing, based in London.
In February 2017, Fincham's first feature film score for A Reason to Leave won Best Original Score at the London International Filmmakers Festival. The film, written and directed by Norman Gregory, also won Best Film at the same awards.
Later that year, Fincham was commissioned by the London Philharmonic Choir to write a new Christmas carol. On 20 December 2017, "Ring the Bells" was premiered at the Royal Albert Hall at the choir's concerts presented by Alan Titchmarsh. In 2018, "Ring the Bells" was published by Boosey & Hawkes.
In 2018, Fincham was commissioned by the British Museum to write a new work inspired by their Celtic Collection. On 21 June 2018, along with his violin piece, Suilven, Awen (meaning poetic inspiration in ancient Welsh/Breton/Cornish) was premiered by the London Philharmonic Choir under their artistic director, Neville Creed.
Fincham's first opera The Happy Princess, based on "The Happy Prince" by Oscar Wilde, with a libretto by Jessica Duchen, was premiered by the Youth Company at Garsington Opera in August 2019.[not in citation given]
- Jane Clinton (15 June 2018). "The City worker who changed his tune". Camden New Journal. Retrieved 10 August 2019.
- "Panmure Gordon names new Head of Corporate Finance – Investment Funds". Panmure.com. 2018-08-24. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- "Paul Fincham". Paulfincham.com. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "Film Festival International – London 2017 Winners". Filminternational.com.
- "A Reason to Leave (2016) – Full Cast and Crew". IMDb.com.
- "Ring the Bells documentary". Vimeo.com. 22 December 2017.
- "'Ring The Bells' (SATB divisi)". Boosey & Hawkes.
- "Garsington Opera: Young performers wanted". Oxford Mail. 7 September 2018.
This article "Paul Fincham" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paul Fincham. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.