Pegasus Airlines Flight 747
Pegasus Airlines Flight 747 was a scheduled international passenger flight from Sharjah in UAE to Istanbul in Turkey operated by Pegasus Airlines. On 7 January 2020, the Boeing 737 operating the route skidded off the runway while landing at Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, Turkey, leaving no fatalities or injuries.
Flight 747 is a scheduled international flight from Sharjah in UAE to Istanbul, Turkey. There were 164 occupants on board. On 09:43, The aircraft skidded off the runway while landing at Sabiha Gökçen International Airport. All on board evacuated via slides. No fatalities or injuries occurred. Strong wind was effective in the incident. The accident came less than a month before another Pegasus Airlines accident which also involved a Boeing 737 skidding off the runway at the same airport.
Flights in the airport were cancelled for 21 hours after the incident. Scheduled flights from the airport were transferred to Istanbul Airport, while 10 aircrafts scheduled to land in the airport were transferred to several airports around. The aircraft, TC-CCK was repaired and on 1 February 2020 it returned to service with a flight test between Istanbul and Ankara. The flight number 747 is still used on the same route.
- The last two alphanumeric characters of a Boeing aircraft indicate the Boeing customer code. A "Boeing 737-82R" is a Boeing 737-800 produced by Boeing for Pegasus Airlines (the customer assigned customer code 2R by Boeing). Aircraft customer codes are based on the customer ordering the aircraft, and do not change if the aircraft is sold. See list of Boeing customer codes for more information.
- "TC-CCK Pegasus Boeing 737-800". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Haber7. "Son iki yılda Pegasus'un üç Boeing 737'si pistten çıktı" [Pegasus' three Boeing 737s rolled off the track in the last two years]. Haber7 (in Türkçe). Retrieved 2020-11-08. Unknown parameter
- Hradecky, Simon. "Incident: Pegasus B738 at Istanbul on Jan 7th 2020, runway excursion on landing". avherald.com. The Aviation Herald. Retrieved 7 January 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Son dakika haberi: Sabiha Gökçen Havalimanı'nda Pegasus'un uçağı pistten çıktı" [Breaking news: Pegasus' plane left the runway at Sabiha Gökçen Airport]. Sabah (in Türkçe). Retrieved 2020-11-04. Unknown parameter
- Ranter, Harro. "Runway excursion Serious incident Boeing 737-82R (WL) TC-CCK, 07 Jan 2020". aviation-safety.net. Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 2020-11-08. Unknown parameter
- "İstanbul'da yolcu uçağı pistten çıktı!" [Passenger plane off the runway in Istanbul!]. www.sozcu.com.tr (in Türkçe). Retrieved 2020-11-08. Unknown parameter
- "Airport shut down: Pegasus Airlines flight from Sharjah skids off runway in Istanbul". Gulf News. 2020-01-07. Retrieved 2020-11-08. Unknown parameter
- "Sabiha Gökçen yeniden uçuşa açıldı" [Sabiha Gökçen is on the fly again]. www.trthaber.com (in Türkçe). Unknown parameter
- "Pegasus'un pistten çıkan uçağı tekrar gökyüzüyle buluştu" [Pegasus' plane off the runway meets the sky again]. Hava Haber (in Türkçe). 2020-02-01. Retrieved 2020-11-08. Unknown parameter
- "Flight history for PC747". Flightradar24. Flightradar24. Retrieved 2020-11-09. Unknown parameter
- "PC747 (PGT747) Pegasus Airlines Flight Tracking and History". FlightAware. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
This article "Pegasus Airlines Flight 747" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pegasus Airlines Flight 747. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.