Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Lua error in Module:Effective_protection_level at line 60: attempt to index field 'TitleBlacklist' (a nil value).
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Industry||Home & Furniture|
|Ambareesh Murty (Co-founder, CEO)|
Ashish Shah (Co-founder, COO)
Kashyap Vadapalli (CMO)
Sanjay Netrabile (CTO)
Neelesh Talathi (CFO)
Pepperfry is an Indian online furniture and home decor marketplace founded in 2011. It partners with furniture merchants and connects them with consumers by listing their products on its website. The company is headquartered in Mumbai and has 67 stores in India spanning across 28 cities including Bengaluru, Pune, Noida, Gurugram, Mysore, New Delhi, Chandigarh, and others.
Pepperfry was founded by former eBay (India) executives Ambareesh Murty and Ashish Shah in July 2011. The website Pepperfry.com was launched in January 2012 as an online marketplace for furniture and other home décor and furnishing products. Pepperfry is owned by Trendsutra Platform Services Private Limited, a company registered and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
In 2019, Pepperfry was named among the top 10 start-ups by Entrepreneur (magazine)
Pepperfry has raised a total of $237.5 million over six rounds. The first major funding was provided by Norwest Venture Partners India (NVP), which provided $5 million in seed funding in December 2011.
In 2013, the company raised an additional $8 million in Series B funding also led by NVP. Pepperfry raised another $15 million in a Series C funding round in May 2018, co-led by Bertelsmann India Investments and NVP.
In July 2015, Pepperfry secured $100 in a Series D financing round with the addition of Goldman Sachs and Zodius Technology Fund. Pepperfry raised $69 million in total in Series E round of funding from State Street Global Advisors and exiting investors.
In February 2020, the company closed is Series F financing for $40 million led by Pidilite Industries.
- Menon, Bindu D. (24 November 2017). "Pepperfry sees sizzle in online furniture retail". Business Line.
- "Pepperfry strengthens network in South with its 67th studio in Coimbatore". Business Line. 22 November 2019.
- Chakraborty, Sayan (27 July 2015). "Pepperfry gets $100 million investment from Goldman Sachs, others". Mint (newspaper).
- Chaudhary, Deepti (24 August 2018). "Pepperfry: Carving out a niche". Fortune India.
- Pani, Priyanka (13 March 2018). "Pepperfry launches mobile site". Business Line.
- Dash, Sanchita (19 June 2019). "EXCLUSIVE: An online furniture retailer in India saw its sales double after it opened physical 'experience' stores". Business Insider.
- Ganguly, Payal (13 December 2018). "Pepperfry to now offer home interior design solutions on its platform". Techcircle.
- Chengappa, Sangeetha (20 January 2018). "Pepperfry expands range with design services". Business Line.
- "Pepperfry launches built-to-suit home and furniture warehouse in Bangalore". The Economic Times. 30 September 2019.
- Baruah, Ayushman (21 September 2019). "Pepperfry eyes IPO in 15 months, opens warehouse in Bengaluru". Mint (newspaper).
- Singal, Aastha (8 May 2019). "10 Mumbai-based Startups That Made it Big". Entrepreneur (magazine).
- Bhalla, Kritti (10 February 2020). "Pepperfry Bags Funding From Fevicol Maker Pidilite". Inc42.
- "Norwest Invests $5M In Former eBay India Head's E-com Start-up". VCCircle. 12 December 2011.
- Gulati, Sonam (2 April 2013). "Pepperfry raises $8M from Norwest Venture Partners". VCCircle.
- Shah, Sneha (14 January 2019). "Existing investors may pump another $100M in Pepperfry - ETtech". The Economic Times.
- Chakraborty, Sayan (21 September 2016). "Pepperfry raises Rs210 crore in Series E funding". Mint (newspaper).
- Shah, Sneha (10 February 2020). "Pidilite leads $40 million funding round in Pepperfry - ETtech". The Economic Times.
Category:Online retailers of India Category:Retail companies established in 2011 Category:Companies based in Mumbai Category:Indian furniture Category:Furniture retailers Category:Retail companies of India Category:2011 establishments in India Category:Indian brands
This article "Pepperfry" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pepperfry. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.