Periya Mariamman Temple Vennandur
|Sri Periya Marriyamman Temple|
About[edit | edit source]
Periya(Tamil: பெரிய,அக்காள்)-Elder sister Māri (/mɒrı/, /maari/, Tamil: மாரி), also known as Mariamman ( /mɒrı əˈmʌn/ Tamil: மாரியம்மன்) and Mariaai (Marathi: मरी आई, मरी माय), both meaning "Mother Mari", spelt also Maariamma (Tamil: மாரியம்மா), or simply Amman or Aatha (Tamil: அம்மன், "mother") is the South Indian Hindu goddess of rain. She is the main South Indian mother goddess, predominant in the rural areas of Tamil Nadu, Thirucherai Māri is closely associated with the Hindu goddesses Parvati.(ஆயி உமையானவளே ஆதிசிவன் தேவியரே)-Oh Mother Uma, Consort of Siva! - Mariamman Thalattu, Goddess Mari Prayer and Durga The truthful Kali who guarded the homesteads sat with her, The Kali sat together with Durga continuously with her. Mariamman Lullaby: as well as with her North Indian counterpart Shitaladevi. Goddess Mariamman is considered by many to be the South Indian Incarnation of Goddess Kali.The Sri Periya Mariamman Temple is located at 6th ward, Mariamman Kovil Street. The Temple administration control by a community people.
Poojai Details[edit | edit source]
- Every day morning and evening poojai
- Special poojai held on Every full moon day
- Special poojai held on Every new moon day
- Special poojai held on Every Tuesday and Friday
- And held on Tamil,English,Telugu new years.
Festival[edit | edit source]
Mariamman Festival [edit | edit source]
Temple festival is schedul 15 days  in August month in every year, The main function is held second Thursday. That is in Tamil month Adi.
Schedules:[edit | edit source]
- Planning festival scheduls by the community peoples and Head
- Discussion with village communities and leaders
- Invite lord Sakthi
- Planting holy stem infront of Amman. The holy stem is resemble lord Shiva and it make by neem tree branch. It should have three division of branch at top. Bottom should plant in ground after bounding bottom into killed goat head in deep.
- The Priest Taking the fire hood from branch of stem and dance around the Temple pathway and return to place it at branch of stem. This is mention event that lord Shiva take The fire hood and dance for make peace lord mother and univers
- Making Pongal and doing Poojai
- Picking holy stem on final day function
- Holy shower and play
- Every day evening special poolai
- Every night culturals and playing drama and all.
During poojai drams (பறை) should play by a community. This is making honor of the people in the community and also lord mother should happy to hearing this musical sound. The people believe while lord mother happy the rain falling of the year is very high.
Reference[edit | edit source]
This article "Periya Mariamman Temple Vennandur" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Periya Mariamman Temple Vennandur. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.