Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Phiroj Shyangden (Nepali Musician)
|Born||Takvar Tea Estate, Darjeeling|
|Genres||Nepali Rock, Folk|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Composer, Music teacher|
Phiroj Shyangden was born in Takvar Tea Estate, Darjeeling, India. He completed his college degree form Darjeeling Government College, North Bengal University, India. He studied western classical music and moved to Kathmandu in 1990 where he worked as a teacher in Gyanodaya School in Lalitpur.
Phiroj, along with Nirakar Yakthumba (bass guitar) and Bhanu A (drums) formed the band 1974 AD in the early 90's whilst they were teachers in Gyanodaya School in Lalitpur, Kathmandu. The band played western rock music when they initially formed and covered Bryan Adams, Deep Purple and other rock bands.
In 2018 Phiroj and Adrian Pradhan (former 1974 AD) reunited once again under the name 'The Original Duo'. They have already toured Nepal, five cites in the USA and will extend the tour to UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Albums with 1974 AD
- Time Out (1996)
- Samjhi Baschu (1998)
- Satabdi (2001)
- Jungi Nishan 2002)
- Limited Edition 2002)
- Pinjada Ko Suga (2004)
- On Air (2007)
- Aath Athara (2010)
- Phiroj Shyangden
- Zindagi Asal Cha
Post Phiroj and 1974 AD
Music of Nepal
- "न्यूरोडबाट न्यूयोर्कसम्म". himalkhabar.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "मेरो पहिलो गिटार – फिरोज स्याङ्देन, 1974 AD | WWW.HATTERI.COM". hatteri.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Phiroj Shyangden – Personality of the Month for November 2009". TexasNepal. 2009-11-01. Archived from the original on 2018-03-12. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Get To Know 1974 AD". Archived from the original on 2018-02-17.
- "Phiroj Shyangden - Musical Beginning". Archived from the original on 2016-07-26.
- "Phiroj Shyangden interview". 2009-10-14. Archived from the original on 2018-02-17.
- "हिमाल खबरपत्रिका | न्यूरोडबाट न्यूयोर्कसम्म". nepalihimal.com. Archived from the original on 2017-04-26. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Move to New York". 2017-03-31. Archived from the original on 2017-06-05.
- "Capital Region group to bring famous Nepali singer to town". Times Union. Archived from the original on 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Solo Album 'Phiroj Shyangden'". 2007-10-24. Archived from the original on 2018-02-17.
- Phiroj Shyangden's First Solo Album by Taal Music Archived 2018-02-17 at the Wayback Machine
- "हिँड्दा–हिँड्दै" (in नेपाली). Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Ltd, Deep Creation Pvt. "एड्रिन प्रधान र फिरोज स्याङ्देनकाे ललितपुर, पोखरा र बुटवलमा कन्सर्ट हुँदै". Medianp. Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Himalaya TV (2018-01-21), Adrian Pradhan and Phiroj Shyangden | THE ORIGINAL DUO | THE EVENING SHOW AT SIX, archived from the original on 2018-03-25, retrieved 2018-03-23
- M&S VMAG (2018-01-25), Former 1974 AD Phiroj Syangden and Adrian Pradhan get together for Nepal tour, archived from the original on 2018-03-25, retrieved 2018-03-23
- "The Original Duo-Phiroj Shyangden & Adrian Pradhan Performing Live @Kathmandu – Nepali E-Chords". www.nepaliechords.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Former 1974 AD Members to Tour Around Nepal - halla!". halla!. 2018-01-13. Archived from the original on 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Here's why Phiroj Shyangden's latest song had me in tears, literally!
- Behind the Scenes: Nepali Music Festival
- 1974 AD presents Hazaar Sapana
- Phiroj in New York
- Phiroj Shyangden coming up solo
- Classical piece By Phiroj Shyangden
This article "Phiroj Shyangden (Nepali Musician)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Phiroj Shyangden (Nepali Musician). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.