Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Privately held company|
San Francisco, California,
|Products||SMS, Voice, PHLO, Phone numbers, Zentrunk|
Plivo is a cloud-based Communications platform as a service (CPaaS) company headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company allows software developers to integrate phone calls, text messages, and other communication functions into their applications using its web service APIs.
Plivo was established in September 2012 by Venky Balasubramanian and Michael Ricordeau, which originally started as an open source telephony project. Venky and Michael connected on Github while they both were looking for a communications platform to add voice and SMS functions to their own applications.
In July 2012, Plivo has launched it's API platform for voice and SMS applications. Apart from that, the company has launched a new SDK, which allows developers to connect their WebRTC apps to stand SIP[disambiguation needed] lines. The users can call regular phone lines using their browsers over WebRTC. Plivo’s new SDK also enables developers to integrate WebRTC into existing calling solutions for call centers and enterprises. This also works the other way around, this makes it possible for users to call WebRTC users using their regular SIP-based numbers.
In August 2018, Plivo announced the launch of PHLO, a drag-and-drop based workflow builder which it claimed would make it possible to create working communication functionalities in minutes.
Plivo has raised $10,000 from The Morpheus, a startup accelerator, and a $250,000 fund after completion from Morpheus’ investor partners including One97 Mobility Fund and Seeders Venture Capital Pvt Ltd.
- Cloud communications
- Bandwidth (company)
- Unified Communications as a Service
- Communications platform as a service (CPaaS)
Others articles of the Topics software AND companies : List of stakeholder and community engagement software
Others articles of the Topic software : Tarquini & Prevale, List of stakeholder and community engagement software
Others articles of the Topic companies : Sunteck Realty, Sha Posh, E-Doley, List of stakeholder and community engagement software, Khas (brand), Adrenaline Hunter
Others articles of the Topic California : Overlook Park (Benicia, California), Overlook Park (El Dorado Hills, California), Los Angeles, Adventist Health Clear Lake, Adventist Health Howard Memorial Hospital, Ceno (rapper), Los Angeles, California
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Finley, Klint (2 Jun 2011). "Plivo: An Open Source Alternative to Tropo and Twilio". ReadWrite. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Grant, Rebecca (13 August 2012). "Plivo makes it to 50 countries in 30 days, outstrips competition". VentureBeat. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Rai, Anand (10 July 2012). "Morpheus, Seeders-backed Plivo gets funding from Y Combinator". VCCircle. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Cohan, Peter (14 February 2013). "How Silicon Valley Fosters Plivo's Cloud-Based Telephony". Forbes. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Farr, Christina (21 August 2012). "Plivo, a scalable API for voice, says: 'you're going down, Twilio'". VentureBeat. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Perez, Sarah (2012). "YC-Backed Telephony Startup Plivo Raises $1.75M From Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm Inc. & SV Angel". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Nair, Radhika P (17 July 2012). "Silicon Valley's Y Combinator to mentor Indian startups TapToLearn & Plivo". The Economic Times. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Perez, Sarah (2012). "YC-Backed Plivo Launches Its Scalable API Platform For Voice & SMS Apps". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Lardinois, Frederic (2012). "Plivo Launches The First SDK That Lets Developers Connect WebRTC And SIP". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Rai, Anand (4 December 2012). "Morpheus-backed Plivo raises $1.75M from Andreessen Horowitz, others". VCCircle. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Harris, Richard (21 August 2018). "Build communications apps with less coding thanks to PHLO". App Developer Magazine. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Plivo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Plivo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.