|Developer(s)||Florent Le Coz|
|Initial release||January 10, 2010|
0.13.1 (31 May 2020)
|Operating system||Linux, BSD, MacOS|
Search Poezio on Amazon.
Poezio (Esperanto for "poetry") is a free and open-source software, instant messaging console client for the XMPP protocol. It is published under the zlib Licence and has been developed since 2010. Its interface is entirely ncurses-based.
Poezio allows joining the network and discussion rooms without account creation. It uses similar commands to those used by popular IRC clients such as weechat or irssi.
Poezio's features include:
- Roster management
- Multi-User Chats
- Chatrooms bookmarks
- Nicknames coloring and coloring management
- vCards/avatars management
- Status management
- Chatstates (writing, stopped, active, etc.)
- XML console
- Themes management
- Extensible with plugins
Binary packages and builds of Poezio are available for installation as well as the source code for self compilation, as well as a Docker image. Packages are available on most Linux distributions, such as Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo Linux, Arch Linux (on AUR).
- "Poezio: Download". poez.io. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Debian: poezio packages". packages.debian.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Ubuntu: Poezio packages". packages.ubuntu.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Fedora: Poezio packages". fedoraproject.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Gentoo: Poezio package". gentoo.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Arch Linux User Repository: Poezio package". archlinux.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "XMPP Clients". xmpp.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "The XMPP Newsletter". xmpp.org. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : Zig (programming language), JDK Flight Recorder, CookXml, Dietbitcoin, Basilisk (web browser), Creative Commons license, Aigaion
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
Category:XMPP_clients Category:Instant_messaging_clients Category:Unix_software Category:Python_(programming_language)_software Category:Console_applications Category:Free software programmed in Python Category:Cross-platform software Category:Software that uses ncurses
This article "Poezio" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Poezio. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.