Template:Use UK English
Port Fish in 2006, recording Empire Of Silence
Port Fish is electronic music band from Košice, Slovakia, formed by Tomáš Rendek and Ľuboš Tilka.
Tomáš and Ľuboš know each-other from their childhood. Their first steps with music happened at school of arts - Tomáš learning to play the violin while Ľuboš started with the flute and guitar. After several years of growing on the classical music Tomáš continued his studies at the School of Music aiming his life to become a professional musician. Ľuboš finished his musical education playing in the group named Queentet.
During his studies at School of Music, Tomáš - influenced by music of Tears for Fears, A-ha, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Yes, and other bands - started playing the keyboards in the local Christian rock band called Silence. Silence released two regular albums and played number of live performances across the country.
At this time, Ľuboš - inspired by bands such as Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, New Order, Art of Noise, The Orb and 808 State - begun his own musical experiments with his computer. Composing music for computer games and demos initially, he continued working with synthesizers and produced three unreleased albums under the name of the PACIfiC.
After few years spent on their own projects, Tomáš and Ľuboš met again and quickly realized that their visions of music have much in common. Their musical ideas were transformed into reality of the PACIfiC, new project adopting name of Ľuboš's legacy solo project. With the number of other bands of the same name, the PACIfiC was soon renamed to Port Fish.
After two years of composing and recording the Port Fish's debut album titled Empire Of Silence has been brought to life. In spite of positive feedback from several independent media representatives, the Port Fish failed to get signed by any major label, thus the album was self-released byt the Port Fish on November 2006.
- Tomáš Rendek – keyboards, mixing, production (1997–present)
- Ľuboš Tilka – keyboards, mixing, production (1997–present)
- Empire Of Silence (2006)
Meaning of Port Fish
- Port Fish is a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water of town's or city's harbor where ships load or unload, esp. one where custom officers are stationed.
- Pronunciation of Port Fish is the same as the word portfiš which is equivalent to broom in Šariš region's dialect.
- Korg Wavestation EX
- Roland Alpha Juno-1
- Alesis D4
- Roland D-110
- Akai S2000
- Yamaha EX5
- "Port Fish at ItsAboutMusic.com". ItsAboutMusic.com. July 2007.CS1 maint: Date and year (link)
- Marflák, Patrik (5 February 2009). "Laco Lučenič vyhlásil víťazov remixovej súťaže". Hudba.sk.CS1 maint: Date and year (link)
- TASR (5 February 2009). "Lučenič vyhlásil víťazov súťaže Remix Competition". Aktualne.sk.CS1 maint: Date and year (link)
- Port Fish - official site
- Port Fish - official profile @ Bandcamp
- Port Fish - official profile @ SoundCloud
- Port Fish - official fan page @ Facebook
- Port Fish - official channel @ Youtube
- Port Fish - official profile @ Instagram
This article "Port Fish" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Port Fish. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.