|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Zone & Ward||5 & 61|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Civic agency||Greater Chennai Corporation|
|LS||Chennai Central (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|VS||Egmore (SC) state assembly constituency|
|MLA||Ravichandran K. S.|
Pudupet is located near Egmore at an altitude of 9 m and at the coordinates of 13°04'07"N 80°15'51"E of Earth. Pudupet is located in Royapuram Zone 5 (number V) and ward number 61 (old number 106 of Zone VII) of Greater Chennai Corporation.
Pudupet is bounded in the direction of Northwest by Purasawalkam, North by Periamet, Northeast by Park Town, Chennai, West by Egmore, East by Chintadripet, Southwest by (Thousand Lights, Chennai), South by Royapettah and Southeast by Chepauk.
Some of the important neighborhoods of Pudupet which serve better to the people include George Town, Chennai, Park Town, Chennai, Chepauk, Triplicane, Egmore, Chintadripet, Purasawalkam, Periamet, Choolai, Royapettah and (Thousand Lights, Chennai).
As of 2011 Census of India, the total population of Pudupet constituted 20,023 in which the males contribute 9,674 whereas of the female is 10,349.
Around 1,000 shops are located in Pudupet area; most of them are related to automobiles, electricals, mechanical, fabrication. The nearby Ritchie street is an electronic hub of Chennai. A wholesale Fish market is situated nearer, in Chintadripet, (other than one in Royapuram) which serves the whole city of Chennai and surrounding areas.
Pudupet, Chennai lies at the main place of the Chennai city and is well connected to all places of Chennai and other parts of the state of Tamil Nadu by Road transport services. Some of the main roads include Langs Garden road, Adithanar road, Tina road, Ritchie street, Veerabadran street, Thiruvengadam street, Seeyali street, Driver street and South Cooum Road.
Nearby Railway stations
Some of the important railway stations near to Pudupet are Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M. G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (3 km), Chennai Egmore railway station (2 km), Chennai Park Town railway station (2 km), Chennai Park railway station (2 km), Chintadripet railway station (1 km), Government Estate metro station, Anna Salai (1 km) and LIC metro station (2 km).
Some of the medical facilities near to Pudupet are: Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital, Anna Salai; Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children, Egmore; Life Care Hospital, Pudupet and Urban Planning Health Center (UPHC), Pudupet.
Government Museum, Egmore.
Few important libraries near Pudupet are Connemara Public Library, Egmore and Devaneya Pavanar District Central Library, Pudupet.
Shri Komaleeswarar temple, Pudupet.
St.Antony's Church , Chindatripet, which was established in 1873.
- Peter Thomas, Rev. Fr. (2005). Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore, Directory, 2005. Chennai, India: Archbishop's house, Chennai-Mylapore. p. 133. Search this book on
- Madhavan, D. (2019-11-09). "A welcome wall in Pudupet". Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Special Correspondent (2020-08-03). "25 damaged roadsto be 'partly relaid'". Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Madhavan, D. (2020-01-11). "South Cooum Road in Pudupet freed of encroachments". Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Subburaj, V (2006). Tourist Guide to Chennai. Chennai: Sura Books. p. 59. ISBN 9788174780409. Retrieved 2020-11-10. Search this book on
- Sreedhar, Deeptha (2013-08-18). "Pudupet: Where your car gets a makeover". Chennai: Business Line. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Pudupet: Where your car gets makeover". BusinessLine. 2013-08-18. Retrieved 2020-11-03.
- "A welcome wall in Pudupet". The Hindu. 2019-11-09. Retrieved 2020-11-02.
- The Vedanta Kesari. Sri Ramakrishna Math. 92. 2005. p. 404. Retrieved 2020-11-03. Search this book on
- Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore, Directory, 2005. 2005. p. 133. Retrieved 2020-11-02. Search this book on
- "Egmore (SC) Vidhan Sabha Election - Egmore (SC) Assembly Election Results, Polling Stations, Voters, Candidates". Datanet India Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Elections in India - A Comparative Analysis of Parliamentary (Lok Sabha) & State Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) Election". Datanet India Pvt Ltd. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
Category:Cities and towns in Chennai district
This article "Pudupet" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pudupet. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.