Rampran Gupta (1869 – 13 September 1927) was a Bengali Islamic historian and author.
Gupta was born in 1869 in Kedarpur village, Tangail district in the British India. He studied at Dinajpur Zila School and Ripon Collegiate School in Kolkata. He wrote article in Sukatha Magazine of Cooch Behar in student life. He worked in Dinajpur District Collectorate as an accountant and clerk. Gupta became the Honorary magistrate of Tangail sub-division in 1903. He was an active member of Bangiya Sahitya Parishad and Brahmo Samaj, presided in Dhaka Bangiya Sahitya Sammelan in 1918. He wrote number of articles on Islamic history and ancient India. His works were published in Sahitya, Bharati, Prabasi, Arati and Nabanur Magazines. Famous essayist and writer Manoranjan Gupta was the youngest son of Rampran Gupta.
- Hazrat Mohammad
- Mughal Bangsha
- Reaz-us Salatin
- Pathan Rajabrtta
- Islam Kahini
- Prachin Bharat
- Bharat Lalana
- Aitihasik Sandarva
- Bharatbarser Itihas
- Prachin Rajmala
- Chengiz Khan O Tahar Uttaradhikarigan
- Brato Mala
Bangiya Sahitya Parishad provides Rampran Gupta Prize in memoirs of Gupta for extraordinary contribution in the literary field.
- Division, Bangladesh Ministry of Cabinet Affairs Establishment (1983). Bangladesh District Gazetteers: Tangail. Bangladesh Government Press. Search this book on
- Vol - I, Subodh C. Sengupta & Anjali Basu (2002). Sansad Bangali Charitavidhan (Bengali). Kolkata: Sahitya Sansad. p. 486. ISBN 81-85626-65-0. Search this book on
- Contemporary Indian Literature. S.L. Shastry. 1964. Search this book on
- Sisir Kumar Das. "History of Indian Literature". Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Gupta, Ram Pran. "Mogal Bangsha". Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Gupta, Rampran (1916). Bharat Lalana ভারত ললনা. Purnchandra Ghosh, Dhaka. Search this book on
- Ram Pran Gupta. "Prachin rajmala". Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "Internet Archive Search: creator:"GUPTA, RAMPRAN"". archive.org. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- Datta, Amaresh (1987). Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: A-Devo. Sahitya Akademi. ISBN 9788126018031. Search this book on
This article "Rampran Gupta" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rampran Gupta. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.