Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years
|Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years|
|Directed by||Filiz Efe McKinney|
|Produced by||Debbie Leekeenan|
|Edited by||Filiz Efe McKinney|
Brave Sprout, LLC
|Distributed by||Brave Sprout, LLC|
Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years is a 2021 documentary film featuring interviews with early childhood educator reflecting on their approaches to incorporating anti-bias curricula into their daily work. The interviews are organized into thematically linked vignettes, intercut with in-classroom footage.
Theoretical Framework and Structure
The film's theoretical framework was originally described in two books: Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves and Leading Anti-Bias Early Childhood Programs: A Guide for Change. The film distills this framework into 4 interrelated goals and is structured sequentially to highlight each:
- Identity: Demonstrate self-awareness, confidence, family pride, and positive social identities.
- Diversity: Express comfort and joy with human diversity; accurate language for human differences; and deep, caring human connections.
- Justice: Recognize unfairness, have language to describe unfairness, and understand that unfairness hurts.
- Action: Demonstrate empowerment and the skills to act, with others or alone, against prejudice and/or discrimination.
- Daley, Jillian (26 October 2020). "A well-timed project: PSU partners on anti-bias education film". Portland State University College of Education.
- "Anti-Bias Film Released for Free Streaming". Childcare Exchange. Exchange Press. 7 April 2021.
- Official website
- Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years on IMDb Search this movie on
- "Official trailer"
- “Anti-Bias Education in Action”, Interview with John Nimmo (Co-Producer) and Veronica Reynoso (Featured Educator) discussing the film and the value of anti-bias education more broadly, Rafael Otto, Early Link podcast, 11 April 2021
This article "Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.