|Robin C. Sickles|
|Edit this InfoBox|
Robin C. Sickles (born December 24, 1949) is an American economist. After graduating from Georgia Institute of Technology in 1972, he earned a Ph.D. in 1976 from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. At the moment, he is the Reginald Henry Hargrove Chair of Economics at Rice University. Although he has publications on a variety of different subjects, his research mostly concentrates on applied econometrics, panel data, productivity, stochastic frontier analysis, and empirical industrial organization. He is a Fellow of the Journal of Econometrics  and has served as the editof-in-chief for the Journal of Productivity Analysis between 2002 and 2012. He edited a variety of books related to econometrics   and recently published (forthcoming) a book about measurement of productivity and efficiency (Measurement of Productivity and Efficiency: Theory and Practice, with Valentin Zelenyuk. New York: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming, 2019.) 
- Schmidt, Peter; Sickles, Robin C. (1984). "Production Frontiers and Panel Data". Journal of Business and Economic Statistics. 2: 367–374.
- Sickles, Robin C.; Taubman, Paul J. (1986). "An Analysis of the Health and Retirement Status of the Elderly". Econometrica. 54: 1339–1356.
- Cornwell, Christopher; Schmidt, Peter; Sickles, Robin C. (1990). "Production Frontiers with Cross-Sectional and Time Series Variation in Efficiency Levels". Journal of Econometrics. 46: 185–200.
- Kutlu, Levent; Sickles, Robin C. (2012). "Estimation of Market Power in the Presence of Firm Level Inefficiencies". Journal of Econometrics. 168: 141–155.
- He is a Fellow of the Journal of Econometrics
- In 2008 he was listed in top 100 econometricians in the world ranked by the number of all econometric articles, 1989-2005 in WORLDWIDE ECONOMETRICS RANKINGS: 1989-2005 (Badi H. Baltagi, Econometric Theory) 
- Festschrift in Honor of Peter Schmidt: Econometric Methods and Applications. Sickles, R.C. and Horrace, W.C. (eds.) Springer Science & Business Media, New York, NY, 2014.
- Productivity and Efficiency Analysis: Proceedings from the 2014 North American Productivity Workshop, William H. Greene, Robin C. Sickles, Lynda Khalaf, Michael Veall, and Marcel-Cristian Voia (Eds.), New York: Springer Publishing, 2018.
- Oxford Handbook of Productivity, Grifell, E., Lovell, C.A.K., and Sickles, R.C, New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Baltagi, B.H. (2007), Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989–2005, 23, 952-1012.
Category:1949 births Category:Living people Category:21st-century American economists Category:Microeconometricians Category:Georgia Institute of Technology alumni Category:University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill alumni Category:Rice University faculty
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Robin Sickles" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Robin Sickles. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.