💵 Salary :
Roger Ulick Branch Westman (1939-2020) was an English architect.
He designed several homes in Hampstead and Hampstead Garden Suburb and was a major contributor to social housing projects in the London borough of Lambeth.
Art and design
In 1981, Westman exhibited his scheme Walls: A Framework for Communal Anarchy at the Institute of Contemporary Arts. In the same year, he exhibited, Tomorrow's New Community, A piece that artistically presented a 'do-it-yourself' community build - from Year 10 to Year 20. It was dubbed an "attractive idea... tantalisingly presented" by the New scientist. His architectural drawings and various sketches have received prizes - including one from the V&A.
- Urban planning
- "The Times, 19 August 1991".
- Arena. Architectural Association. 1965. Search this book on
- Architects, Royal Institute of British (1994). RIBA Members. Royal Institute of British Architects. Search this book on
- Westman, Roger (1962). The Origins of the International Style in England 1927-1939. London: Architectural Press. Search this book on
- "RIBA Journal". RIBA Journal. 74: 64 + 372.
- Hardy, Dennis; Ward, Colin (2004-01-01). Arcadia for All: The Legacy of a Makeshift Landscape. Five Leaves. ISBN 9780907123590. Search this book on
- England), Institute of Contemporary Arts (London (1981-01-01). Future communities: exhibition Institute of Contemporary Arts. The Institute. ISBN 9780905263144. Search this book on
- New Scientist. IPC Magazines. 1981. Search this book on
- Information, Reed Business (1981-07-23). New Scientist. Reed Business Information. Search this book on
- Town and Country Planning. Garden Cities and Town Planning Association. 1980. Search this book on
- RIBA Journal. RIBA Services Limited. 1959. Search this book on
- Jones, Will (2011). Architects' Sketchbooks. Metropolis Books. p. 141. ISBN 1935202464. Search this book on
- 100 Buildings, 100 Years. Batsford Ltd. 2014. p. 72. ISBN 9781849941938. Search this book on