This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edit this InfoBox|
Rohit Bal in 2011
Kashmir, India8 May 1961
|Education||Woodlands, Burn Hall School, Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, St. Stephen's College, Delhi,|
|Awards||IFA Designer of the Year in 2001 and 2004|
Rohit Bal is a fashion designer from New Delhi, India. He designs for both men and women. Rohit Bal was born in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir. He graduated from Burn Hall School, Srinagar and then received a bachelor's degree in history from St. Stephens College.
Rohit Bal started his career with his brother Rajiv Bal in New Delhi in 1986 the Company Orchid Oversea Pvt.Ltd, and started his own first independent collection in 1990.
Bal was also chosen by the Khadi Gram Udyog, the largest handloom textile operation in Panchkula, to work with them. Bal won the 'Designer of the Year' award at the Indian Fashion Awards in 2006. He has also won 'Designer of the Year' at the Kingfisher Fashion Achievement Awards in 2001. He was announced as the Lakme Grand Finale Designer for 2012.
Bal opened a flagship store in Delhi, as well as stores in Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chennai. Bal has also ventured into designing jewellery.
- Dugal, Jasmeen. "Rohit Bal". Know Your Designers. Explosive Fashion. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Vyavahare, Renuka (23 February 2012). "Rohit Bal to host Lakme Grand Finale". Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Cultural blend". The Hindu. 2016-07-27. ISSN 0971-751X.
- Ahuja, Shilpa. "Rohit Bal Autumn Winter 2015 Couture Fashion Show Review". Shilpa's Lifestyle Blog. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "India Couture Week 2016: The finale by Rohit Bal was a showcase of opulence and grandeur". 2016-07-25. Retrieved 2016-08-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rohit Bal.|
This article "Rohit Bal" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rohit Bal. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.