|Born||December 4, 1990|
Mountain Province, Philippines
|Other names||The Executioner|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||65 in (170 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Baguio City, Philippines|
|Team||Team Lakay Wushu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career[edit | edit source]
Sangcha-an made his professional debut fighting in Team Lakay Wushu Xanda – MMA Eliminations 5: Machines, his team's own promotion. He compiled a record of 4 straight wins before signing with the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship[edit | edit source]
Sangcha-an's UFC debut was against Richie Vaculik at UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt on June 28, 2014 in Auckland, New Zealand. He suffered his first defeat via unanimous decision. He was scheduled to face Jon Delos Reyes on May 16, 2015 in the first ever UFC event in the Philippines at UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber. He lost the fight via a rear-naked choke in the second round but earned fight of the night honors. On February 11, 2017, Sangcha-An was released by the UFC along with hundreds of other fighters.
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
Mixed martial arts record[edit | edit source]
|Professional record breakdown|
|6 matches||4 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||4–2||Jon Delos Reyes||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber||May 16, 2015||2||3:13||Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay, Philippines||Fight of the Night|
|Loss||4–1||Richie Vaculik||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt||June 28, 2014||3||5:00||Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand|
|Win||4–0||Ernesto Montilla||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Pacific Xtreme Combat 39||September 14, 2013||2||1:17||Ynares Sports Arena, Pasig, Philippines|
|Win||3–0||Adam Cacay||TKO (punches)||URCC Baguio 5 – Unleashed||May 2, 2013||3||4:40||Benguet, Philippines|
|Win||2–0||Aslan Toktarbaev||TKO (head-kick and punches)||Alash Pride 2||December 22, 2012||1||3:48||Almaty, Kazakhstan|
|Win||1–0||Carlo Mabilin||Submission (guillotine choke)||Team Lakay Wushu Xanda – MMA Eliminations 5: Machines||April 14, 2012||2||N/A||Benguet, Philippines|
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic MMA : Chaitanya Gavali, Damir Ismagulov, Levon Lagvilava, Kevin Belingon, UFC 228, Martin Nguyen, PunchOutPower
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- "Roldan Sangcha-an". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- Zike Sugawara (June 27, 2014). "Roldan Sangcha-an on his debut at New Zealand's Fight Night "Te Huna vs Marquardt"". mma-in-asia.com. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Nissi Icasiano (June 28, 2014). "Filipino fighter Roldan Sangcha-an loses in UFC debut". rappler.com. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Nissi Icasiano (February 12, 2015). "Filipino Sangcha-an to compete at UFC Fight Night Manila". rappler.com. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Brent Brookhouse (May 16, 2015). "UFC Fight Night 66 results: Jon Delos Reyes chokes out Roldan Sangcha-an in thriller". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- "BREAKING NEWS New UFC Owners Just Cut 100 Fighters, Because Horrible 2017 Numbers". smackhisface.com/. February 11, 2017. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
[edit | edit source]
- "Roldan Sangcha-an". UFC.com.
- Professional MMA record for Roldan Sangcha-an from SherdogLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Roldan Sangcha-an" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Roldan Sangcha-an. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.