Sarah Fine is a political philosopher specialising in migration and citizenship, and a senior lecturer at King's College London. She has argued that democracy can be defined as giving the governed political power. Furthermore, she said, migration restrictions conflict with democracy so defined, since, by being prevented to move, people are governed without political say. Fine co-edited the book Migration in Political Theory with Lea Ypi, published in 2016, and wrote an Oxford Handbook article on migration. She is to move from King's College London to Cambridge University in September 2021.
Prior to her academic career, Fine got a bachelor's degree from the University of Cambridge followed by an MPhil and a DPhil at Oxford University.
- "Trump's Opponents Aren't Arguing for "Open Borders"—But Maybe They Sh…". The New Yorker. 2020-04-03. Archived from the original on 2020-04-03. Unknown parameter
- "Dr Sarah Fine". www.kcl.ac.uk. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- "Sarah Fine on the Right to Exclude". Philosophy Bites. Retrieved 2021-04-17. Unknown parameter
- Fine, Sarah; Ypi, Lea, eds. (2016-01-28). Migration in Political Theory: The Ethics of Movement and Membership. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-967660-6. Search this book on
- "Fine, Sarah J." Globalcit. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- Fine, Sarah (2018-05-31). Olsaretti, Serena, ed. "Migration". The Oxford Handbook of Distributive Justice. doi:10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199645121.001.0001. ISBN 9780199645121. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- Weinberg, Justin (2021-03-26). "Cambridge Hires Dewar and Fine". Daily Nous. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
|This article relating to the University of Cambridge is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This social science-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Sarah Fine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sarah Fine. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.