Scales (2019 film)
Scales is an upcoming UK psychological thriller directed by Nathan Hannawin, written by Joe Harvey, and starring Kamal Simpson, Nicola Roffe, Anthony Vander and Kane Surry. The film was crowdfunded through Indiegogo.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Scales is a tense, claustrophobic drama that spends one evening with four characters, who are trapped in a combustible boiling pot of an apartment.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kamal Simpson as Keith
- Nicola Roffe as Maria
- Anthony Vander as Darnell
- Kane Surry as Adam
Production[edit | edit source]
Hannawin explained that he turned to Indigogo to fund the film, stating “Crowdfunding is an excellent platform for young and independent artists to get their work out there." The project's raised over it’s original goal of £5000. 
Filming took place over 14 days around Whitechapel in London, England. The majority of the film was shot in a single location at Duke of Wellington pub. During an interview with Verve Radio, director Hannawin explained his view on shooting a single location film, saying "There are a lot of films that have been primarily shot in one room. I wanted to take our location and make the location a character. It doesn’t need to be a epic outdoor film to be a really good story.” 
Release[edit | edit source]
Scales is scheduled to be released on September 15, 2019.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The age of Distortion". Big Picture Film Club. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Watch the trailer for Sleaford Mods' Invisible Britain". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Alumnus crowdfunds new film following success of debut documentary". University for The Creative Arts. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Scales - Feature Film". Indiegogo. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Scales". IMDBPro. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
This article "Scales (2019 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Scales (2019 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.