|Born||26 September 1977|
|Occupation||Author, Motivational Speaker|
|Alma mater||City Montessori School|
Shishir Srivastava (born 26 September 1977), is an Author, Career Counsellor and Counselling Psychologist. He has been working in the field of education for over 17 years and is the Chief Strategy Officer of Templeton Academy International (TAI), Naukuchiatal, Nainital since 1 July 2016.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Shishir Srivastava was born to Dr Sushil Kumar Srivastava and Mrs Neerja Srivastava, in Lucknow. He studied at City Montessori School (CMS), Lucknow from 1980 to 1995 and qualified the Naval Academy/National Defence Academy exam in 1995. He was trained as an executive officer to serve the Indian Navy from 1995 to 1998 at the Naval Academy, Goa. In September 1999, he decided to leave Indian Navy and dedicate himself to serve the world. He came back to his hometown and in end of December 1999 met Dr Jagdish Gandhi, the founder of his Alma Mater, CMS. Dr Gandhi motivated him work for world unity and world peace. At CMS, he executed his role as Head of International Relations, Personality Development, and Career Counselling department for over sixteen years from 1 January 2000 to 30 June 2016. Throughout his career as an educator, Srivastava has inspired thousands of young people to aim high in life.
Education[edit | edit source]
He did his Bachelors in Science from Goa University and Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from IGNOU.
Writings[edit | edit source]
Mr. Srivastava has authored four books. His first book The Eight Powers Within You (ISBN 9780143414117 published by Penguin Random House, June 2010) appeared in the Indian Today’s non-fiction bestselling list within two months from its launch and has been translated in four different languages. His second book `The Power of Prayer’ was published as an eBook in 2011. In 2013-14, he co-authored 'Youth for Youth' with Dr Kiran Bedi, an e-book which contains voices of 101 young men and women on the issues of 'Corruption' and 'Women Safety'. His fourth book, Utho Yuva (2014) is a collection of inspiring poems in Hindi for youth and has been appreciated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
International Activities[edit | edit source]
From 2004 to 2010, Mr Srivastava, was the organising secretary of International Chief Justices Conference of the world. To date, over 900 Chief Justices and judges from 125 countries of the world have participated. In addition, he was also the organising secretary of Global Symposium  - Awakening Planetary Consciousness in which 461 civil society representatives from 64 countries participated.
He has been a speaker at various prestigious international conferences. Few selected ones include:
- Speaker at Parliament of World Religions - Barcelona, Spain - July 2004
- Gave lecture at University of Oslo - Norway - 2011
- Speaker at International Conference on Social Capital - Moscow State Pedagogical University (MGPU) - Moscow, Russia - 2013 and 2014
- Active Participant at United Nations − Headquarters, New York - July, 2014
In November 2005 he conducted a seminar for Japanese youths and adults in Kishima Island. In April 2006, he was invited to the Honouring Ceremony of the World’s Children’s Prize held in Mariefred in the august presence of Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden. Since 2004, Mr Srivastava has been the India Coordinator of the World’s Children’s Prize for the Rights of the Child, a Swedish Award Program, and has strengthened the voices of young people in schools across India to stand up for children’s rights.
Affiliations[edit | edit source]
Ambassador of Companion Flag project 
References[edit | edit source]
- ChannelOne News (July 4, 2010). "Motivation comes from within: Shishir Srivastava".
- EENADU India Hindi (February 23, 2017). "शिशिर श्रीवास्तव बोले- युवाओं की मांग, देश का अगला राष्ट्रपति युवा ही हो".
- EENADU India Hindi (March 3, 2017). "इस युवा को राष्ट्रपति बनाने की हो रही है मांग, जानिए इनके बारे में..."
- Penguin Random House News (July 4, 2010). "The Eight Powers Within You - Your Guide to Success".
- Rediff News (July 26, 2010). "How to develop your power of self-confidence".
- Ten News (February 20, 2016). "Amit Shah launches 'Utho Yuva'".
- Hindustan Times (February 20, 2016). "Amit Shah release poetry book of Shishir Srivastava - Hindustan Times".
- IETF (July 6, 2007). "[NGO] Invitation to 4th Global Symposium 2007, Lucknow, India".
- Conal Conference Alerts (December 7, 2007). "Global Symposium Conference".
- tigweb (December 7, 2007). "Global Symposium - 'Awakening Planetary Consciousness'".
- companionflag (December 7, 2007). "Meet the CF Ambassadors".
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 788: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Shishir Srivastava" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Shishir Srivastava/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.