Social Media Kings Into Queens
|"Social Media Kings Into Queens"|
|RuPaul's Drag Race episode|
|Episode no.||Season 10|
|Original air date||May 24, 2018|
"Social Media Kings Into Queens" is the tenth episode of the tenth season of the American reality competition television series RuPaul's Drag Race, which aired on VH1 on May 24, 2018. The episode has contestants dress as butch men and promote a perfume called Trade for the mini challenge, and give a makeover to a social media personality for the main challenge. Miles Heizer and Lizzo serve as guest judges, alongside regular panelists RuPaul, Michelle Visage, and Ross Mathews.
The six remaining queens are asked by RuPaul to appear in a commercial that promotes RuPaul's perfume for men, titled Trade. Each queen is to dress as butch men and deliver comedic improvisations, and Eureka wins.
As the winner of the mini challenge, Eureka is tasked by RuPaul to pair each contestant with six special guests for a make-over challenge. Aquaria gets paired with YouTube star Kingsley, Asia O'Hara and Raymond Braun, Eureka and Frankie Grande, Kameron Michaels and Anthony Padilla, Miz Cracker and Chester See, and Monét X Change with Tyler Oakley. Additionally, each pair took part in a home-made music video to RuPaul's song "Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent".
RuPaul introduces the runway category, "Drag Family Resemblance". On the main stage, Asia and Eureka, alongside their drag daughters America O'Hara and Eufreaka, received positive reviews for their performances and make-overs, but were declared safe. Miz Cracker and her drag daughter Miz Cookie were commended for their performances, make-over, and chemistry, and were deemed the winners of the challenge. The bottom queens of the week were Aquaria, Kameron and Monet, who were criticized for not having a make-over resemblance to their drag daughters Capricia Corn, Kelly Michaels, and Short Change. Aquaria is declared safe, while Kameron and Monet lip-synced to "Good as Hell" by Lizzo. Kameron wins the lip-sync and Monet is eliminated from the competition.
In their review, Bowen Yang and Matt Rogers of Vulture.com rated the episode three out of five stars.
- "RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10, Episode 10 Recap: Social Media Kings Into Queens". In Magazine. 25 May 2018.
- "Asia O'Hara Gets to Know Social Media Star Raymond Braun in Exclusive 'Drag Race' Clip: Watch". Billboard.
- "Frankie Grande Transforms Into Eureka From 'Drag Race'—And Slays". Out. 25 May 2018.
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race' star Kameron Michaels awkwardly explains 'hyper-feminine' drag to a straight man". Entertainment Weekly.
- Grant, Jasmine (May 25, 2018). "Kameron Explaining Her "Hyper-Feminine" Drag Aesthetic to Her Straight Challenge Partner is a Must-See Highlight". VH1 News.
- Sava, Oliver. "Drag Race recruits social media influencers for a middling makeover challenge". The A.V. Club.
- Blanton, Kayla. "These Social Media Stars Got 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Makeovers & They Are SO GOOD". Bustle.
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race': Monet X Change Talks the Key to Lip Syncing, Working With Tyler Oakley & More". Billboard.
- Duarte, Amanda (24 May 2018). "'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 10, Episode 10: Man Up, Woman Down". The New York Times.
- Henderson, Eric. "RuPaul's Drag Race Recap: Season 10, Episode 10, "Social Media Kings Into Queens"". Slant Magazine.
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race' Recap Season 10 Episode 10". Vulture.com. 2018-05-24. Retrieved 2019-03-31.
Others articles of the Topics LGBT AND Television : Nicky Doll, Drag Race Australia, Handmaids to Kitty Girls, Divas Lip Sync Live, I'm In Love!, PharmaRusical, The B*tchelor
Others articles of the Topics Television AND United States : MTV, The Resident (season 2), Nickelodeon, Stalker (The Walking Dead), Handmaids to Kitty Girls, Nicky Doll, Oobi (TV series)
Others articles of the Topics LGBT AND United States : Queens Behind Bars, Nicky Doll, Handmaids to Kitty Girls, The B*tchelor, Divas Lip Sync Live, I'm In Love!, List of first openly LGBT politicians in the United States
Others articles of the Topic LGBT : Rio de Janeiro Gay New Year's Eve, Nicky Doll, JR's Bar and Grill, Truxx Police Raid, Gender Mosaic, Organisations that defend the Catholic Church's official teaching on homosexuality, Sara Sperling
Others articles of the Topic Television : Reality Stars: The Musical, Twice as Far, The Suicide King (The Walking Dead), Coda (The Walking Dead), The Resident (season 2), Live Bait (The Walking Dead), The Cell (The Walking Dead)
Others articles of the Topic United States : List of Joe Biden 2020 presidential campaign endorsements, Albert Victor Olson, Noggin (brand), Blain Michael "Moon" Griffon, List of first openly LGBT politicians in the United States, Jonah Hex (upcoming film), Indiana
This article "Social Media Kings Into Queens" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Social Media Kings Into Queens. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.