|Occupation||Educator, poet and columnist.|
|Language||English, Urdu, Potohari, and Seraeki|
|Education||M.Phil. in American Studies|
|Alma mater||Quaid-i-Azam University,Islamabad|
|Notable works||Titley Key Rang Hazaar (2004), Scheherzade (2010)|
|Notable awards||Chancellor's Gold Medal, Quaid-i-Azam University|
|Spouse||Vice Admiral Farooq Rashid.|
She has been associated with education since 1981. Before coming to UK for her doctorate she was visiting faculty at Bahria University and the executive editor of the research journal Criterion Quarterly in Islamabad, Pakistan. She also taught courses at Quaid-i-Azam University as visiting faculty. She has presented papers at various forums. She is a trained emotional counsellor and has worked as a volunteer at the mental health departments of PNS Shifa Karachi and Military Hospital, Rawalpindi.
She has launched two poetry collections, Titley Key Rang Hazaar and Scheherzade in 2004 and 2010 respectively. She is a regular contributor to the op-Ed pages of The News international.
She was awarded the Chancellor's Gold Medal by Quaid-i-Azam University for scoring the highest GPA in M Phil.
She is currently completing her Ph.D. in politics and international relations from Leicester University.
All articles available at http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintWriterName.aspx?URL=Talat%20Farooq "Carry on, Imran Khan", June 27, 2012 "Humanising the Other",May 30, 2012 "Whose blood,Whose money", March 19, 2011 "From September 11 to 9/11", September 11, 2011 "Bring the Boys Home",April 11, 2012 "In Defence of Realism" December 10, 2011
- "A Girl's Flogging and the Art of Obfuscation", The News International, April 7, 2009
- "Children and War", The News International, June 13, 2009
- "Those Left Behind", The News International, December 19, 2009
- "Daughters of a Lesser God?", The News International, March 3, 2010
- "Burned at the Stake", The News International
- "Kudos to the Media", The News International
- "The Feast is Finished", The News International
- "Pakistani law un-Islamic?", The News International
- "Art and activism go hand-in-hand", The News International, November 27, 2008, accessed March 3, 2010
- "Feudal system blamed for women’s plight", DAWN, March 10, 2009, accessed March 3, 2010
- Abidi, Hasan, "Iqbal's life and poetry discussed", DAWN, November 17, 2004, accessed March 3, 2010
This article "Talat Farooq" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Talat Farooq. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.