Number of employees
|~40 (July 2017)|
It is primarily positioned as an employee training tool for small to medium enterprises that place emphasis on usability and workflow over feature breadth, but can also accommodate larger installations with thousands of registered users. The platform offers tools for content creation and re-purposing, test building, assignment management, reporting, internal messaging & discussions, surveys, and others. It can also be used to sell courses online.
TalentLMS is used by thousands of organizations and businesses world-wide including education, retail, construction, public sector, and non profit companies. Notable users include cPanel, Delonghi, Acquia, and the University of Arizona.  TalentLMS is commonly included in lists of well-known SaaS learning systems, with independent comparison matrices between learning management systems often favoring it for its workflow and usability characteristics. 
History[edit | edit source]
Initial development of TalentLMS began in 2011 with the first public beta made available on June 2012 and the first stable version made available on October of the same year. The system got regular updates the following years, introducing features such as Gamification, PowerPoint-to-video conversions, Zapier integration, support for LDAP and SAML authentication and support for coupons and discounts. In late 2016, a native app for iPhone and iPad was released followed by a native Android implementation.
Features[edit | edit source]
TalentLMS supports a number of features standard to software in this category. A short list of available features include:
- Support for standard document types (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, OpenDocument, etc.)
- Support for re-purposing content from services like Youtube and Wikipedia
- Tests and Surveys
- PayPal and Stripe integration
- Support for SCORM and TinCan APIs
- Support for multiple languages, including English, German, Spanish, French and Greek
- REST API
- Mobile App
Integrations[edit | edit source]
TalentLMS comes with built in integration for various external services and products, such as payment processors (Paypal and Stripe) and eLearning industry standards such as Experience API (Tin Can API)  & SCORM. It also comes with a WordPress plugin  and internal support for BigBlueButton, GoToMeeting and Zoom for videoconferencing.
TalentLMS offers integration with the Zapier platform, a service that enables web apps to communicate with each other. This enabled TalentLMS to integrate with any Zapier-compatible web app, a list which includes Dropbox, Evernote, Salesforce.com, Gmail, Twitter, MailChimp and Trello.
In February 2016 TalentLMS released a native integration with Shopify, an ecommerce-oriented computer software, that serves to set up and run online stores.
Extensibility[edit | edit source]
Business Model[edit | edit source]
TalentLMS is offered as a commercial Cloud service, with several plans in different price points, from a free tier supporting a limited number of users and courses, to "unlimited" premium tiers. Billing can be annual or on a monthly basis, with users allowed to switch plans at any time.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Learning management system
- Online learning community
- Educational technology
- Blended learning
- Flipped classroom
- Collaborative learning
- Distance education
- Virtual learning environment
- Learning object
- Authoring system
- Sharable Content Object Reference Model
- Experience API (Tin Can API)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Talentlms solution showcase on Talentedlearning".
- "Talentlms solution showcase and reviews on Capterra".
- "Talentlms solution showcase and reviews on G2Crowd".
- "Talentlms solution showcase on Zapier".
- "Talentlms solution showcase and reviews on FinancesOnline".
- "Talentlms Customers".
- "GetApp Releases Q3 GetRank of Top HR Solutions".
- "6 Cloud-Based Learning Platforms That Can Help Educate Your Workforce".
- "Lite LMSs: Comparing Mindflash vs Litmos vs TalentLMS".
- "Comparing Mindflash vs Litmos vs TalentLMS".
- "Talentlms is not in beta anymore".
- "Gamifying a Learning Management System: The case of TalentLMS". www.academia.edu. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "eLearning On The Go: The TalentLMS Mobile Story - eLearning Industry". eLearning Industry. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "mLearning on the go with TalentLMS". eLearning Industry. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "List of Talentlms Features".
- "TinCan Api Adopters".
- "WordPress plugin for TalentLMS".
- "Zapier integration".
- "Onelogin connector for Talentlms".
- "Azure connector for TalentLMS".
- "TalentLMS – Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores – Shopify App Store". apps.shopify.com. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "eLearning That Fits Your Needs: A Guide To TalentLMS Pricing, Plans, And Options".
[edit | edit source]
- TalentLMS Official Cloud based LMS Solution & Online Training — TalentLMS site, and community
- TalentLMS Blog — eLearning Blog
This article "TalentLMS" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.