|Born||3 March 1988|
|🏳️ Nationality||Georgian, American|
Search Teona Yamanidze on Amazon.
Teona Yamanidze (born 3 March 1988) is a contemporary Georgian painter based in New York.Through the utilization of portraiture and a destructive layer technique, Yamanidze's work focuses on documenting the abject persons who are forgotten, during moments of conflict. She tries to pull back the curtain on the delusions and oppressive taboos still preserved within post-Soviet and western societal dogmas.
Early life and education
Teona Yamanidze was born on 3 March 1988 in Moscow, Russia. Yamanidze went to The Tbilisi State Academy of Arts in Tbilisi, Georgia, for her BFA education, later gaining her degree at Chelsea College of Art (2012)., and was then awarded a Fulbright scholarship to the Syracuse University.
In 2011, Teona Yamanidze received a painting grant from the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation in Montreal, Quebec, Canada,That gave her an opportunity to coplete her gratuate Studies in London. In 2015 Teona Yamanidze was awarded the Fulbright Grant.. She became the first Grantee in the field of Painting in the history of the Russian Fulbright Association. 
In 2017 Teona Yamanidze was involved in a project with the The Everson Museum for Contemporary Art titled “That Day Now: Shadows Cast by Hiroshima” devoted to the 70 year anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan. The project examined historical facts through the lens of propaganda. The artwork and artifacts created a duality of the artist's role and relationship to censorship – particularly surrounding the production of artwork that alluded to the Hiroshima bombing aftermath. From the portraiture of Hirohito, Hitler, and Harry S. Truman by Russian born American illustrator Boris Artzybasheff to Maruki painting’s that were displayed through projection, created different levels of censorship and bias depending on the purposeful or accidental blocking of the projection by gallery visitors. During this project Yamanidze closely investigated the materials from the Everson Museum Archive throughout the implementation of the exhibition.
In 2017–2018, Teona Yamanidze participated in several group exhibitions at New York and Chicago galleries, and in 2018 she appeared on the Chicago Biennale, where she exhibited a portrait of a young bride named "Hidden", at Zhou B Center for Contemporary Art. The same year Yamanidze's painting was selected for the auction "Time Bomb" held at the Watermill Center of Contemporary Art which was dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Center. She was the first Georgian Artist to participate in the auction at Watermill.
Yamanidze’s work is represented in public and private collections including the Watermill Center for Contemporary Art, the Tbilisi State Academy of Arts, Moscow Union of Artists.
- 2015–2018 Fulbright Grant.. She became the first Grantee in the field of Painting in the history of the Russian Fulbright Association. 
- 2017 Edmund S. Muskie Fellowship
- 2011 Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant
- Hidden (2018). In this painting, Yamanidze decided to change the primary order in those structured paintings. In two abstracted paintings “Hidden: the transcendent,” She left the silhouettes of young girls. However, they are barely seen through the layers of paint. They are hidden behind the embrasure "web" of the surface (which may be transparent or rigidly structured, depending on the effect.
- That Day Now: Shadows Cast by Hiroshima (2017). Consists of six oil paintings on a wood panel. This six wood panel paintings depict figures and faces of the Hiroshima tragedy victims.
- Campo Santo (2017) started with the interest in a narrative experience of what one feels when returns home and through its closer inspection it can turn out to be already configured on the individual and collective amnesia tool, probably controlled semi-conscious process of self-censorship. An instrument of concealing a world that is no longer possible to comprehend.
- H Gallery, Ventura, California, 2018, "Empire of Dirt
- 2018 “Time Bomb”, Summer Benefit Auction devoted to 25 th Anniversary of the Center (participant artist and an assistant curator), Watermill Center, 39 Water Mill Towd Rd, Water Mill, NY
- 2018 “30 Under 30 / Viridian Artists / New York, NY
- 2018 “National Wet Paint Biennial”, The Zhou B Art Center, Chicago Illinois
- 2017 “That Day Now: Shadows Cast by Hiroshima”, Everson Museum of Contemporary Art, Syracuse, NY
- 2017 “Re-presenting History”, Everson Museum, Syracuse, NY
- 2017 “Obscurus”, Point of Contact Gallery, Syracuse, NY
- 2016 “Archeology of Silence”, Rodchenko School of Multimedia, Moscow Russia
- "Chelsea College of Arts, University of the Arts London". www.hotcourses.com. Archived from the original on 21 April 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Fulbright Scholar Program: About Us". Comparative and International Education Society.
- "History of the Fulbright Association". Fulbright Association. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Zhou B. Art Center". Archived from the original on 26 July 2008. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "The Watermill Center". watermillcenter.org.
- "Edmund S. Muskie".
- "teonayamanidze - Hidden". Teona Yamanidze.
- "EMPIRE OF DIRT Press Release". Dab Art.
- "National Wet Paint MFA Biennial. Curated by Sergio Gomez - Gallery at Zhou B Art Center - Artsy". www.artsy.net.
- "NATIONAL WET PAINT MFA BIENNIAL". ZHOU B ART CENTER.
- "TIME BOMB - The Watermill Center's 25th Annual Summer Benefit & Auction - The Watermill Center". www.watermillcenter.org.
- "Graduate Painter Selected to Exhibit Work in Chicago M.F.A. Biennial".
- "Московский Союз Художников. Актуальные темы. Новости МСХ живопись, скульптура, дизайн". artanum.ru.
- "Выставка к 75-летию Московского Союза Художников".
- "Юбилейная выставка к 75-летию МСХ. Москва, Центральный Дом Художника - Выставки - Галерея - Московские Живописцы". www.moscow-painters.ru.
- "Результаты поиска МОСХ - АРТ-РЕЛИЗ.РФ". xn----7sbqier6abq.xn--p1ai.
- "МОСХ. Выставочный зал на Беговой представляет масштабную экспозицию московских художников и скульпторов. РОЖДЕСТВЕНСКАЯ ВЫСТАВКА НА БЕГОВОЙ. До 13 января 2017 года - АРТ-РЕЛИЗ.РФ". xn----7sbqier6abq.xn--p1ai.
This article "Teona Yamanidze" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Teona Yamanidze. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.