The Future Society
The Future Society is an independent non-profit think-and-do tank with a mission to advance the global governance of AI and other emerging technologies. It was originally incubated at the Harvard Kennedy School [cite needed] in 2014, where it was co-founded by Nicolas Mialhe and Simon Mueller. The Future Society is listed as one of the ‘Best Artificial Intelligence Think Tanks’ by The Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania.
|Founded at||Sommerville, Massachusetts|
|Purpose||Advance the global governance of AI and other emerging technologies|
The Future Society was founded in 2014 at the Harvard Kennedy School to raise awareness around issues involving the NBIC revolution. In 2015, the organisation launched the “AI Initiative” to focus specifically on developing a governance framework for artificial intelligence.
The Future Society leverages a global, multidisciplinary network of experts, practitioners, and institutional partners. Their work encompasses developing policy research and advisory services, seminars and summits, educational and leadership development programs, as well as special projects. The Future Society is independent yet connected to relevant stakeholders, and tackles a broad, but carefully selected, range of short-term and longer-term issues in AI governance. The Future Society has partnered with a number of governments and international organizations including UNESCO, World Bank Group, The Paris Peace Forum, and The World Government Summit in Dubai.
Research and Initiatives
The Future Society carries out multidisciplinary research powered by collective intelligence methods. In September 2017, The Future Society launched a series of online and physical workshops crowdsourcing citizens opinions about artificial intelligence. The findings of the global civic debate were synthesised in a report presented to the European Parliament.
- The AI Initiative
The AI Initiative is dedicated to shaping the global policy framework to govern the rise of Artificial Intelligence, addressing holistically short-, mid- and long-term governance challenges.
- The Law & Society Initiative
The Law & Society Initiative is dedicated to ensuring that legal systems harness the power of techno-sciences, including Artificial Intelligence, and to mitigating their risks to citizens.
CitX aims to make cities and its stakeholders more innovative at delivering intelligent, inclusive and sustainable urban development at scale, especially in challenging contexts.
- "The Future Society". Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- McGann, James (2020-01-27). "2019 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report". TTCSP Global Go To Think Tank Index Reports.
- "The Future Society at HKS". Unknown parameter
- https://plus.google.com/+UNESCO. "Staff". UNESCO. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Disrupting Development: Digital Platforms and Innovation". World Bank Live. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "2019 Selected Projects". Paris Peace Forum. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "UAE Hosts World's First International Forum on Global Governance of AI at 2018 World Government Summit". www.businesswire.com. 2018-02-12. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "The Future of AI Governance". www.diplomaticourier.com. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Swae & The Future Society on the Governance of AI". Swae. 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
This article "The Future Society" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Future Society. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.