The Girl (Hellberg song)
|Cover art for The Girl|
|Single by Hellberg featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff|
|from the EP This Is Me|
|Released||16 March 2015|
|Hellberg singles chronology|
|"The Girl (The Remixes)" cover|
"The Girl (The Remixes)" cover
"The Girl" is a progressive house single by Swedish house producer Hellberg, featuring vocals by Cozi Zuehlsdorff. The Girl was released as part of Hellberg's extended play This Is Me on 16 March 2015, by the independent electronic music label, Monstercat.
Background and composition
In an interview with Matt Felten of In Your Speakers, Hellberg commented on the meaning behind "The Girl":
It's more abstract from what I got, Cozi explained it to me a bit. It's based on a greek mythological character called Pygmalion. I guess it's like a riff on that story. I don't really know how they came up with that, but it's pretty crazy. People ask me what it's about all the time.
Reception and release
Mel of Your EDM praised the song, stating "The culmination of all the outstanding elements in this song makes for one of Hellberg’s best and one of the best releases on Monstercat so far this year". Aaron Tremper of In Your Speakers stated "Between the lyrics, the arrangement, and the timbres, 'The Girl' is Hellberg’s most expertly calculated track yet".
The Girl (The Remixes)
On 13 July 2015, a remix extended play of "The Girl" was released by Monstercat. The remix EP featured five remixes from various artists, including remixes from electronic producers Mr FijiWiji, Color Source, Anevo, Stonebank and Capital A. On 2 May, Monstercat announced a remix contest of "The Girl", with the contest concluding on 30 May. When announcing the remix contest, Monstercat stated:
Monstercat has always been adamant in engaging our family and larger to community to put themselves out there and allow their voices to be heard. We know that there is so much talent out there and cannot wait to hear what people have in store for us.
Matt Felten of In Your Speakers gave Mr FijiWiji's remix an 8 out of 10, stating "Because of its distinct qualities and refreshingly innovative exploration away from the original track, as well as the skillful use of vocal chopping and differing pace which further develops the original's emotionality while remaining faithful to its roots". Christina Hernandez of Dancing Astronaut reviewed Anevo's remix of the song, stating "Though the original version of 'The Girl' has an incredible structure with its subtle buildup and intense drop, it sounds surprisingly good in a steady, more traditional house setting".
The Girl (Feat. Cozi Zuehlsdorff)
|1.||"The Girl" (featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||4:25|
The Girl (The Remixes) [Feat. Cozi Zuehlsdorff]
|1.||"The Girl" (Color Source Remix, featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||4:10|
|2.||"The Girl" (Mr FijiWiji Remix, featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||5:34|
|3.||"The Girl" (Anevo Remix, featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||5:04|
|4.||"The Girl" (Stonebank Remix, featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||4:14|
|5.||"The Girl" (Capital A remix, featuring Cozi Zuehlsdorff)||4:08|
- "Hellberg - The Girl | Your EDM". Your EDM. 2015-03-16. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Hellberg: This Is Me EP". Inyourspeakers Media. 2015-08-07. Archived from the original on 2017-12-05. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Interview: Hellberg Talks New EP, Monstercat, and Destiny's Child". Inyourspeakers Media. 2015-04-27. Archived from the original on 2017-12-05. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Monstercat Teams Up With Splice And Hellberg For Remix Contest". Magnetic Magazine. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "The Girl Receives 5 Remixes Fit For The Live Stage… And Your iPod". Onlythebeat.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Hellberg "The Girl" Remix Contest". Dance and Rave. 2015-05-05. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Splice & Hellberg Present: "The Girl" Remix Competition". raverrafting.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Mr FijiWiji Adeptly Accentuates the Emotion of "The Girl" by Hellberg, While Retaining Respect For It's Core". Inyourspeakers Media. 2015-08-05. Archived from the original on 2017-12-05. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Hellberg - The Girl (Anevo Remix) - Dancing Astronaut". www.dancingastronaut.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
This article "The Girl (Hellberg song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Girl (Hellberg song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.