The Jungle Book (musical)
|The Jungle Book|
|Music||Richard M. Sherman|
|Lyrics||Richard M. Sherman|
|Basis||The Jungle Book|
by Walt Disney Animation Studios
The Jungle Book is a musical based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios 1967 film of the same name. The music and lyrics were written by Richard M. Sherman with a book by Rajiv Joseph. The production is also loosely based on the book of the same name.
Produced by Disney Theatrical Productions, the musical had a tryout at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago and the Huntington Theatre in Boston in 2013.
Variety stated that there is an "Early-stages project [of] The Jungle Book, a tuner version (with songs from the movie) to be written and directed by Mary Zimmerman (Metamorphoses)."
Chicago and Boston (2013)
A joint mounting of the production occurred at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago and the Huntington Theatre in Boston in 2013, produced by special arrangement with Disney Theatrical Productions. As of 2015, the entire show was in storage awaiting the 2016 live action film.
On May 15, 2020, Rajiv Joseph was announced to be writing the book, while Richard M. Sherman will return to write new songs. Christopher Gattelli was also reported to be directing and choreographing the musical.
The music and lyrics was composed by Richard M. Sherman.
(A song title in bold indicates a song from the original movie.)
- "Trust in Me"
- "Colonel Hathi's March"
- "The Bare Necessities"
- "I Wan'na Be like You"
- "Colonel Hathi's March (Reprise)"
- "That's What Friends Are For (The Vulture Song)"
- "My Own Home"
- "The Bare Necessities" (Finale)"
- Cox, Gordon (March 12, 2011). "'Alice,' 'Freaky' head to stage". Variety. Retrieved September 28, 2020.
- Osatinski, Amy (2019). Disney Theatrical Productions: Producing Broadway Musicals the Disney Way. New York: Routledge. pp. 16–17. ISBN 978-0367075835. Search this book on
- McPhee, Ryan (May 15, 2020). "Disney Theatrical Productions Reveals Next Steps for 'Hercules' and 'The Jungle Book' Musicals, 'Aida' Revival, More". Playbill. TotalTheater. Retrieved September 28, 2020.
This article "The Jungle Book (musical)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Jungle Book (musical). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.